all the Ludlows Craft Cocktail Jelly Shots!
- Never order a cocktail with liquid nitrogen unless you are ordering one from a scientist bartender who has a chemistry degree.
- I want this holiday pop up bar in my house STAT!
- Want to drink like you’re atop the snow-capped Rockies? Try some of these cocktails.
- What you’re favorite drinks says about you. With animated gifs. Always with animated gifs.
- Laphroaig makes taster’s opinions into Christmas carols for their new AD campaign.
- If you’re in Greenland, expect to pay an arm and a leg for a beer.
- Need a recommendation for a winery to visit? Here are the top 100 to check out.
- Well, Jim Beam is having a good year apparently.
- And if you’re still looking for last minute holiday gifts, check out all the Stir and Strain Holiday Gift Guides!
week’s holiday giveaway is a TRIO of fruit mixers from Fruitations! Enter today!
- Looking back at some of the cocktail trends of 2014 (Really? Where did this year go?).
- Alcohol may have helped the early human race survive on Earth.
- David Wondrich has a punch ladle in his bar tool kit. LOVE IT.
- I don’t think I’ve been to a bar that intentionally kept vodka off the menu. Or maybe I have. I wouldn’t have thought to look.
- The food truck scene just took a turn in a direction I can get down with: booze.
- Powdered alcohol got shot down, but now we have spray wine. Ok.
- Apparently red lights and good music will make wine taste 9% better. Science!
- Some pretty helpful tips on what to do with Champagne this holiday season (besides drink it).
- I didn’t get to participate in Mixology Monday for two straight months now because (insert lame excuse here) BUT you all should check out all the entries and participants for some great cocktails this month.
you’re looking for some stocking stuffers, check out the giveaway for the 5 Packs of Chila ‘Orchata minis I’m giving away on here!
- If you can’t make it to Bourbon Country, you can at least watch this video and feel like you’re experiencing it (just have a glass of bourbon in your hand while you watch it).
- Some tips on how to cocktail correctly during your holiday parties.
- Have you guys seen this Kickstarter for the Robot bartender? I like making cocktails for people but who is making the cocktails for me?
- Wonder what whiskey looks like under a microscope? It’s AMAZING!!
- Need another use for tonic water? How about coffee? I’m intrigued.
- A wine for all occasions (including an evening by the fire) for this winter season.
- If you’re the crafty type, why not make someone some cocktail stirrers for a holiday present (or hostess gift)?
- Spruce beer. It’s how you drink beer if you’re from the 17th century. Try it.
- I’m incredible excited by the concept of sustainable “closed loop” cocktail bars. Let’s get on this!
up to your neck in leftovers? Check out this Thanksgiving leftovers cocktail I made on Dine X Design!
- A brief history on vermouth. With recipes!
- Some alternative whiskies to Pappy. Because, quite frankly, none of us are getting any Pappy.
- Just turned 21? Here are some drinking tips so you don’t end up on the floor by the end of the night.
- A breakdown of designing a bar (The Interval). And am I allowed to call myself a Cocktail Archaeologist too?
- The difference between a shark bite and a shark nibble is one gets your liquor license revoked.
- If you’re like me and have impatiently started opening your jars of jam you made less than two months ago, here are some jam-tastic cocktails you can make.
- Beer or wine? How about both!
- Are you willing to test this South African wine that potentially won’t give you a hangover?
- This is what the world’s longest career bartender looks like.
gifting early! Did you enter to win a curated cocktail kit from Crafted Taste yet? NO?! Do it now!!
- There’s still time to think about throwing a Thanksgiving cocktail party. Hint: go Tiki.
- In Louisiana, you can get drive thru booze everywhere.
- DON’T DIE YET! You need to drink all 14 of these cocktails first.
- What to do with that weird ass bottle of wine someone brought to your dinner party.
- In Los Angeles sometime soon? Check out these new bars.
- That red wax on Maker’s Mark? That was a woman’s touch. Read about the leading ladies of the spirits industry.
- At the airport this week and need some wine? Check out these top airport wine bars.
- And speaking of wine, here’s some real talk about what you should bring to the table for Thanksgiving.
- I’m officially calling. A shot and a beer is the next BIGGEST TREND IN COCKTAILS!
cider primer… because I just can’t stop talking about it lately.
- When blackberries are in season again, this is going on my DIY liqueur list.
- Nutritional labels on alcohol? Look, my life is tough enough already. I don’t need to know.
- This is what I imagine it would be like for me in a contest with seasoned bartenders. But I’d be aware of this beforehand.
- I’m glad we’re all on board with teaching drinking songs to kindergarteners. A brief history on drinking songs can be found here.
- Are you a bartender? Are you participating in Just One Shift this year? If you’re not a bartender, go seek this out and drink for a good cause.
- On the road and looking to make some cocktails from your mini bar? Look here first (although that cereal hack might be a bit much).
- An extensive guide to planning your next holiday cocktail party.
- Anyone know of some press trips going to Asia sometime soon? Cause I’d really like to check out these bars.
- Our December Coconut Club is happening on the 15th! Join us now or you’ll have to wait until next year!
got a giveaway going on right now! Win some SIPP!
- There’s been a lot of cider cocktails going around, but here’s how to cook with it!
- Beer Spa! I’d bathe myself in beer if it made me look younger. Would you?
- For a long time years ago, Hendrick’s was my go-to gin for a Martini. Here’s a short history on the evolution of that brand.
- Pairing your mustache with your cocktail for Movember from Jameson.
- A cocktail that’s like eating bone marrow. Don’t know how I feel about licorice in my bone marrow.
- Whoa! Better double check the price of that wine you’re having while dining out.
- Way to go Japan. You’re #1 in the Whisky Bible. Now I need you in my life.
- And if you need some tips for tasting whisky (besides put it in your mouth and swallow), read this. Also, more proof the Boilermaker is making a comeback.
- What is this crazy thing and how can I get one?!?!!
- Do you have issues with craft beer service? Do any of these sound familiar?
me not surprised by our FDA regulations. What does Fireball and antifreeze have in common?
- The Presidents! They drink booze just like us!
- California brewers doing what they can to deal with this dang drought.
- And speaking of the drought, a Los Angeles bar introduces NO WATER cocktails. All booze, no ice.
- So many great bar books this year. Jim Meehan breaks down what you should be buying.
- I’ve tried most of the mixers on this list, but what’s your favorite??
- Mainly it’s a list of how to work in penis jokes on liquor bottles...
- Blingy wine being sold at a Sam’s Club in New Jersey. I wonder if any of the “Housewives” have bought this yet?
- Campari is not just for a Negroni. But mostly I want it for a Negroni.
- A short, interesting history on bootlegger George Remus. Repeal Day is a little over a month away folks!
haunted bar for Halloween? Yes please!
- If someone gave me boozy gummies for treats I think I’d be fine with that. All the candies!
- Some words of wisdom about bartenders from Gaz Regan.
- Cracking down on binge drinking in France. I know, right?
- In New York and looking for a place to drink? Try this list!
- Not your run-of-the-mill wine hoax story. Breaking into government files!? Baking accounts?! Whoa.
- My first introduction to flavored whiskey was via my Dad’s version of cough medicine when I was a kid: honey and whiskey. Here’s an article hoping flavored whiskey does not go the way of flavored vodka.
- The shitty side of expanding your distillery business: an interview with Balcones Founder Chip Tate.
- The problem of the bad restaurant cocktail is not just in NYC, we got them here in L.A. too. I just order off-menu.
- 16 uses for a potato at your bar. How can you not want to try these? My favorite is projectile. I’m sure we’ll see a luge soon though.
a Fall DIY snack project with pumpkin seeds and booze.
- FOMO at this fundraiser with some rare bottles of bourbon!
- It may be getting cooler, but I still love a Negroni. Here’s 10 places that Chef’s like to get theirs at.
- Here’s an infographic on glassware, because we all love pictures of things.
- This week’s health claim for booze: something in beer will improve your memory.
- And speaking of beer, let’s see how long it takes for a shot and a beer to reach $18. My guess is 3 months.
- Learn fun drinking games from the Ancients! (I want a puzzle jug!)
- Because I like to drink AND eat, here are the world’s best restaurant bars. Have you been to any of these?
- Ladies? Want to be a bartender and make it a career? Read here for some good advice.
- A cocktail book all about Sherry? I’m almost completely sold just by the cover.