champagne no more! Learn what a single raisin can do to save your bottle of bubbly.
- Tiki! Mermaids! A reason to visit Great Falls, Montana.
- Creating an exhibition on Scandinavian Spirits takes some help. Support it here.
- When drinking wine just ain’t enough. Here’s the top 10 wine movies.
- Produce is not just for salads. It’s also for drinks.
- Because Sherry is everywhere, here is your cheat sheet.
- You might be able to make a livable wage bartending in SF… but it still costs too much to actually live there.
- If he writes it. I will buy it.
- There’s a mini bottle of booze for every (movie) occasion.
- We are announcing new Coconut Club dates TODAY! Stay tuned!
alert!! I’m giving away a bottle of SelveRay Cacao Rum to TWO lucky readers this week.
- Snarling and swearing soon to follow...
- Quick! I need $1200 for this cocktail shaker.
- Bone broth for cocktails! Bone broth for cats! The broth craze is going to be everywhere, and then nowhere in a year.
- SO. MANY. ROBOT. BARTENDERS. Thoughts?
- Bands and beer can actually play nice together.
- You can virtually tour some of Scotland’s remote distilleries, but no, they’re not sending you samples in the mail.
- Guinness went and got all fancy. Take a look.
- What questions to ask yourself while stocking a bar including how is vodka the same as tequila and light rum???
- Are we still making fun of mixologists on TV? Is this still a thing?
delivered to your door via an app. OK!
- Learn that shorthand spoken at Death & Co. in NYC and yell it about in your home bar.
- I’m just amused by the comments and the ratings on Bevmo’s page for the Sluricane more than the existence of this beverage.
- We can all (mostly) agree Japanese Whisky is delicious, but now they throw in these cool label designs too?!
- Scared about drinking the “correct” wine? Here are some wine myths debunked.
- How the Cosmo kickstarted the craft cocktail movement.
- Boozing in the bathroom: London’s newest bars converted from beautiful shitters.
- I tasted these in a recent class on wormwood presented by Tempus Fugit. YOU WANT THESE IN YOUR MOUTH!
- Rogue Ales is doing whiskey now. But there’s not that much to go around.
- The Coconut Club is back in February! But we already sold out. Now we have MULTIPLE dates coming in March. Sign up NOW to be the first to know!
a DIY kick this year? Check out all these fun projects to start and maybe get around to finishing in a few months.
- Science! Some pills to make you sober. Some pills to make you drunk.
- And more “science”! Moderate drinkers live longer!
- Los Angeles is banning public advertising of alcohol. I really don’t have anything witty to say about this.
- Belgium’s ban on alcohol bears a striking resemblance to the Unites State’s.
- In the mood for visiting some historic bars? Here’s what you should order.
- Pretty sure beer cans could sub for soda for this project.
- I’m SO EXCITED for this new cocktail book. But seriously? I have to wait until November?!
- I have to agree that we probably can stop calling the craft beer movement “craft” and all just be in agreement that there are tons of people and places making excellent products now.
- This film makes me want to drink lots and lots of champagne. Excuse me, I’m off to do that right now.
you need to store your wine in your bra, well, then you might have a problem.
- Possibly endangered species. Balls. Poop. This beer worries me a lot.
- I’m pretty sure really crappy vodka is cheaper than getting drunk on vanilla extract.
- Fill up your engines and head out to visit some of these new bars opening across the US and Canada!
- Cocktails turned into emojis (it was bound to happen sooner or later).
- Pop quiz! What kind of old school cocktail are you (mainly for dudes…)?
- Trying to taste all the whiskies for your New Year’s resolution? Here’s an interactive map of bars with gigantic whiskey lists.
- I have no idea how “scientific” these claims are, but I’ll take them! 10 reasons whiskey is good for you.
- If you have any leftover champagne from NYE (shame on you) apparently you should be refrigerating those bottles.
- It’s 2015, time to plan a whole year of cocktail events around the globe.
2015, being a mindful bartender means being a better bartender.
- Weeds in your cocktail, but not what you’d think...
- If you must: a booze free turmeric cocktail by Jim Meehan.
- Chandon has been an “It” item all over designer Instagram accounts. Here’s how they did it.
- Here’s what an 800 year old corkscrew looks like. Hint: kinda looks like they do now.
- Brand new to the world of cocktails and don’t know what bitters are? Watch this.
- Making cocktails with coffee. Just please remember to add the booze.
- Looking for some good bottles to try? Check out these recommendations.
- Some mostly overlooked, a few new to me, liquors to add to your home bar.
- Campari is adding some great amari/bittes to their portfolio. Smart thinking guys.
Antonio Cocktail Conference AND Golden State of Cocktails this month. F*** #dryunary. That’s a stupid fake word anyway.
- Is one of your New Year resolutions to read more books? Check out these authors getting boozy.
- I dunno if I’d call this THE best tip ever. I’d probably would have wanted cash.
- Ok, so maybe the coupe wasn’t shaped after a boob.
- I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s Japan’s fault. Their whisky is doing pretty good here.
- The alarming number of times the word “hipster” is used in this article distracts from the interesting points on how Hendrick’s is creating their marketing campaigns.
- Tell me what you drink…and Town and Country will tell you what you are. If you drink Vespers that is.
- Only 50 bottles and retailing at $189??? That makes me ask, is it worth it?
- The Delectable App: making the wine world transparent to the rest of us (I have this but still haven’t used it yet).
- Wine Ice Cream!! Although Peach White Zinfandel still sounds like something my mom would like more than myself.
beer that makes you more creative. Until you keep drinking and forgot what you were doing.
- There Will Be Cocktails: A glimpse into a real “Mad Men” Christmas party.
- The first LEEDS certified winery. Let’s see some more wineries do this (or any other business)!
- Two ways to make champagne from some crappy white wine.
- Curious about writing a cocktail book? David Wondrich tells you what NOT to do.
- Don’t drink the booze in Iran.
- Break out the Canadian Club! Whisky from the North is making a comeback here in the States.
- One pub’s rules for drinking there during the holidays. Pretty much, don’t be an a**.
- Cookies. Cocktails. Holiday Time. Repeat.
- The 2015 predictions for what’s in store for the cocktail world.
all the Ludlows Craft Cocktail Jelly Shots!
- Never order a cocktail with liquid nitrogen unless you are ordering one from a scientist bartender who has a chemistry degree.
- I want this holiday pop up bar in my house STAT!
- Want to drink like you’re atop the snow-capped Rockies? Try some of these cocktails.
- What you’re favorite drinks says about you. With animated gifs. Always with animated gifs.
- Laphroaig makes taster’s opinions into Christmas carols for their new AD campaign.
- If you’re in Greenland, expect to pay an arm and a leg for a beer.
- Need a recommendation for a winery to visit? Here are the top 100 to check out.
- Well, Jim Beam is having a good year apparently.
- And if you’re still looking for last minute holiday gifts, check out all the Stir and Strain Holiday Gift Guides!
week’s holiday giveaway is a TRIO of fruit mixers from Fruitations! Enter today!
- Looking back at some of the cocktail trends of 2014 (Really? Where did this year go?).
- Alcohol may have helped the early human race survive on Earth.
- David Wondrich has a punch ladle in his bar tool kit. LOVE IT.
- I don’t think I’ve been to a bar that intentionally kept vodka off the menu. Or maybe I have. I wouldn’t have thought to look.
- The food truck scene just took a turn in a direction I can get down with: booze.
- Powdered alcohol got shot down, but now we have spray wine. Ok.
- Apparently red lights and good music will make wine taste 9% better. Science!
- Some pretty helpful tips on what to do with Champagne this holiday season (besides drink it).
- I didn’t get to participate in Mixology Monday for two straight months now because (insert lame excuse here) BUT you all should check out all the entries and participants for some great cocktails this month.