wants to drive to get liquor on Labor Day? Not me. Saucey just started service in Chicago and to celebrate, Stir and Strain readers can get off their order with code CHI10. This works in Chicago AND Los Angeles areas!
- You really should be drinking more amaro. Be an amaro genius with this guide.
- Looks like you’ve had a lot vodka today. But do you know how it’s even made?
- Party foul! Someone is going to break a glass at your party. Here’s a party trick for picking up all that glass.
- Should Vikings be the only people to drink mead? Serious question.
- Win your Labor Day party this year with homemade Fireball whiskey. Then make this cocktail.
- I really hope all that wine goes to the hospital patients, cause we all know that food there isn’t cutting it.
- If you’re kids are back in school after Monday, here’s a wine infographic to help with that.
- The answer is yes. I have no problem taxing a cocktail to help people.
- DUDE! Bourbon tornado. BOURBON. TORNADO. VIDEO.
you like mezcal? Do you like ice cream? Prepare… for this!!!!!
- And since we’re already talking about food, check out The Beeroness Jackie Dodd’s The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook.
- Taco Bell is usually where I go AFTER I’m drunk, but now we’ll be able to just get that all done in one visit.
- In a similar vein, Target, who made me happy by putting in a Starbucks so I could drink my iced Americanos while shopping, is now thinking about putting cocktails in there as well.
- Not cooking with your beer? Here are some tips for finding your perfect beer.
- Younger people drinking habits confuse me. Are they all still ordering a Sex on the Beach?
- Are you drinking your salad greens? Radicchio is a new one for me.
- Why do we toast? Does it have something to do with…toast?
- I could imagine chugging this bottle if it was a bit more expensive and rare, but she could have just gone out and bought a new one.
- And lastly, a look back at the life of Sasha Petraske.
keeping the cocktail/wine/beer culture strong? These guys. Do you have anyone to add?
- Do you smoke cigars? Would you like a wine to pair with them? Here’s some recommendations from the experts.
- Some late summer food and wine pairings if cigars ain’t yo thang.
- Forget the punch bowl, this communal drinking vessel needs no cups.
- Bourbon: coming to a tv/netflix/streaming device near you.
- A list for people who clearly have not interacted with bartenders or people in general before. Who are all these people waving their money around at bars?
- “Infection”, “spontaneous fermentation”, “microbes”. We’re not self-diagnosing on WebMD, we’re talking about beer!
- Poor, poor booze. Lesson learned here is that all liquor stores have crappy shelves.
- This week’s crazy science claim: eating/drinking asian pears before drinking reduces your hangover. Who’s going to try this one?
- If you’re already playing Beer Pong, do you really care where that ball has been?
been hot. Like, too hot. Why don’t we cool down with some boozy treats this week.
- Uncomfortable video of the day: pretty much how I’d be in front of the camera and why I’m sitting here behind my desk instead.
- Low-key wine bars are where it’s at (but also, so many questions from this tiny piece. When did we start saying high-low in place of highbrow-lowbrow? And when did Somerville, MA become a cool place to visit??).
- But if you’re not into wine, these cities are the best to visit to get your beer fix.
- Looking for a little home bar inspiration? Set your eyes on these 16 gorgeous bars for all spaces.
- Science tries again (and fails?) to tell us what is the right amount of booze to consume.
- “Can you please send eight gallons of Suffering Bastard, everyone is really hungover.” This won a battle in WWII.
- It’s a fight between Fireball and… what’s a hot cinnamon vodka?
- Has Templeton Rye wronged you? There’s a lawsuit for that.
- Cocktail snob? I may have participated in one or two of these acts.
So back in June I let you all in on a project I was completing at a local tiki bar, the Tonga Hut, where I was drinking my way through ALL of the drinks in the Jeff Berry book the Grog Log. Well guys, mission accomplished. I now feel like my tiki palate has expanded and if you’re in need of a go-to tiki drink, well, I can help you with that.
If you’re not local to the Los Angeles area but want to complete your own Tiki Cocktail training, you can score a copy of the Grog Log online through Amazon and start charting your boozy expedition today.
Now on to the next challenge!
this true? I just know these sinks as a way to wash your pint glass, not give it a special service beforehand.
- Want a great rum collection for you tiki bar but short on space? These 6 rums are all you need.
- You guys know I love a good Tiki pop up. Here’s one in NYC.
- It’s always nice to see a Jungle Bird on a tiki drink crash course. But I disagree, you should have blue curaçao on hand, if only to use occasionally.
- A handful of underrated spirits recommended to you from the country’s top bartenders.
- Heading to Los Angeles anytime soon? Here you can get fire, insects and tiny cheeseburger garnishes on your drinks.
- Cocktail history is always such a foggy affair. Let’s take the Americano, shall we?
- I’d say there is definitely some cocktails on this site that fit into the 10 percenter category.
- She’s the youngest rum master in the world. And her own special blend retails at $1500!!!
- The secret to keeping critters out of vineyards: falcons. That’s so metal.
you a d-bag? Do you like to go to d-bag bars? Or rather, are you trying to avoid such bars? Here’s a list of 25 bars in L.A. that supposedly are full of d-bags.
- A non-alcoholic beer I might actually want to drink. With chocolate!
- But if you want real beer, Serious Eats has mapped out the best beers in EVERY state.
- Coffee shops: the next new place you can grab a cocktail at. And work on your screenplay.
- A FEW of my favorite brands are coming out of the Midwest. Here’s some to keep on your radar.
- I’m starting to prefer calling them Temperance Cocktails instead of Mocktails. And lots of bars of including them on their menus!
- I didn’t know you could/should decant white wine!! Learning something new every day!!
- Scotch flavored ice creams. YES PLEASE!
- I think the pineapple keg is going to trump the bronze pineapple as the “must have” bar cart item this summer.
- This week’s booze science claim: drink moderate amounts of alcohol to have superior mental abilities!! Or something like that...
list addition: go crazy at Tiki Kon.
- Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas presents? Champagne. In the trunk. Of your Aston Martin.
- Please keep your ants out of my cocktails. Thanks.
- I’m kinda in love with the copper case for the new Moscow Mule Carry On Kit.
- Weird autoimmune things run in the family. This study tells me I’m on the right path!
- Blue Wine? Cool! But does it taste good?
- Exercise and booze… a match made in yoga class.
- This is one way to raise money for charity: beer.
- I love a good cider in the summer. Here are 5 picks to try right now.
- All the winners of the Spirited Awards since the beginning. Because I love a good list.
made grilled Sangria ice spheres and plopped them in wine and I’m OBSESSED with them.
- And if you’re really into wine right now, but also want to eat, here are the 100 best wine restaurants in the U.S.
- Suggestions on the next crappy booze “hipsters” will drink and wipe out from the market.
- All the insanity that is #TOTC2015.
- I think second to my Tiki mug collection is my swizzle stick collection.
- America is getting on the Amaro train. I’m pretty excited about that Leopold Bros!
- If you’re looking to spend the afternoon reading. Punch rounded up 10 of their articles celebrating drinking in America.
- If you read between the lines, those cops went on a bender with all that booze and blew up the cars using confiscated explosives. Just saying...
- And yet, when I visited the country all I could get my hands on was halfway decent gin.
- Got $100 bucks? Here’s how to turn that into a great home bar.
- Speaking of Vermouth, apparently you should be drinking it all day… every day.
- Is there a movie or tv show that influenced the way you drink? Mad Men, I’d like my whiskey back in stock, thanks.
- A few quick words with Dale DeGroff and why you should always drink the local specialties.
- This is why there is a National Scotch Day this month (July 27th) and why we were “celebrating” National Piña Colada Day last week.
- It’s like getting hot boxed with booze. And some snakes.
- I wonder how this app would calculate you walking through that cloud of booze...
- Looking for some new beers to try this summer? Here’s 5 picks!
- You guys look like you need an infographic to ‘splain the differences between sparkling wines.
- Behind the scenes at Tales of the Cocktail. This all feels very familiar...
- And finally, as if you really needed another reason to go visit Trick Dog bar in SF: the dog calendar menu.