- This Wednesday is the last day to nominate your favorite blogs for the Saveur Best Blog Awards. If you’re into us, please consider putting in a nice word.
- The good news: retail boozy ice cream. The bad news: you need to travel to Canada to get it.
- Need wine on the cheap? Here’s a few bottles under $15 to try.
- Are award shows ruining bars? (Not blogs. Awards are not ruining blogs. Please see above.)
- Who knows what booze you’ll find in the walls of New Jersey historical properties??
- Curious about Japanese whisky? Try these bottles!
- Road tripping this summer? Find each state’s favorite beers here!
- Underwood gave us the canned wine. And now… wine coolers? I’ll take one!
- Break out the blender, here’s 11 frozen cocktails to make this summer.
- And finally, a reminder to drink your daily shot of whiskey if you want to live to 100.
- First, Saveur has opened up nominations for their Best Blog awards and I’m hoping you all can help me get nominated for the FOURTH year in a row… so I can lose again. I’m calling this my Always the Bridesmaid Never the Saveur Bride campaign.
- Second, I’ve had many of you ask about these cocktail picks I’ve posted on Instagram so here you go!
Ok, now onto some news…
- Looking for some summery ways to get your bourbon on? Try these cocktails.
- If you plan on cracking open some beers, you might want to pass on these.
- However, you DO NOT want to pass on these dressed up canned cocktails. I’m very into this trend right now.
- If insanity is an ingredient in your cocktail, try these candy drinks.
- Flavored malt beverages are apparently what everyone wants to drink this summer. Zima anyone?
- What rums to drink, via Three Dots and a Dash in Chicago.
- Are you having a Spritz or a Spritzer this summer? Make sure you know the difference.
- And finally, this week’s rosé news: you can wear it on your face!
- Yeah! What IS the deal with cocktails made into spheres?! Oh wait, it’s because they’re AWESOME.
- You need crushed ice this summer? Here’s the best way to make it.
- And here’s this week’s story about Rosé: the history of Rosé.
- NEGRONI DOUGHNUTS?! Yes, please, send me a dozen.
- Love your cocktails with a side of pool? Dip into these bars.
- Going on a trip this summer? Here’s some International Bars if you’re not into the whole pool thing.
- Or if you’re looking for a restaurant with an amazing wine selection- here’s the top 5.
- Are you guys for or against plastic straws? I hate the way paper straws feel after 5 minutes in a drink and I’m also afraid I’m going to poke a hole in my mouth with the metal ones.
- What in the what now?? In Utah you now can watch your cocktail being made.
- And finally, WHY HAVE I NEVER PAIRED TONIC WITH THESE SPIRITS?!?! I should have my site taken away from me...
- India needs a few distillery cats to stop all the rats from DRINKING THEIR BOOZE.
- Do you have your summer bar bucket list yet? Here’s a few to add to it.
- Hello? I’d like to hire a relaxed Italian dinner party please.
- One- I don’t think this is the most expensive cocktail ever. Two- please don’t put caviar in my cocktail. Like, ever.
- Go ahead, drink red wine all summer long.
- Or just go for a bottle of Rosé. Not just any Rosé though, THESE bottles.
- And then you can WINE. All the time.
- There’s actually been more than one Great Molasses Disaster at a distillery.
- There is now a TIKI COCKTAIL SUBSCRIPTION BOX!
- And finally, Russia- please stop with the supermarket drinking contests. Just, stop already.
- No way frosé! It’s time for frozen Negroni cocktails!
- But, um, yeah, just so we’re clear, I’ve been telling you guys to drink a frozen Negroni for awhile now.
- Get a nice cold can of … Gin & Tonics? You can now. Would you guys drink it?
- Heading out to Palm Springs this summer? (You’re very brave with that heat) Here’s where to drink!
- Did you forget to get Dad a gift? Better late than never.
- You put the coffee in the booze and you drink it all up...
- Grant Achatz. A reason for us to head to NYC for a trip.
- Are you… Amari curious? Here’s a ranking to find the right flavor for you.
- If you are a lazy B, there’s some cocktail videos you should watch.
- And finally, if you’re looking for a great cocktail read, check out these 25 cocktails sites recommended by Crafty Bartending (we’re #4!)!!
- Low proof Tiki Cocktails! Sure, I’ll try anything once.
- If you’re not all Negroni’d out from last week’s #NegroniWeek, then here a few variations to try from bartenders around the country.
- Rosé drive thrus exist now (if you’re in the Hamptons).
- Summer’s coming. So you all should be large batching drinks now.
- 25 of the most important bourbons (says Food & Wine).
- This D.C. bar was making sure everyone was getting LIT during the Comey testimony.
- You’re going to want to be in Ireland June 25 through July 1st for this G&T festival.
- California might be able to party a lot later soon!
- Here’s a quick guide to stocking your home bar depending on your budget $$$$.
- And finally, a peacock destroying a liquor store. Happy Monday.
- First, a little history via James Bond. Because bitters were his first love.
- And for even more history on the drink, check out the book by Gary Regan!
- Not sure what bars in your neighborhood are participating this year? Check out this bar finder and see what charity your bar is supporting.
- Pins are so hot right now. And you can have your very own Negroni version to rock out with this week.
- Negroni lollipops. They’re a thing you should eat.
- And speaking of eating, if you’re in Los Angeles this week, check out Break Room 86 and enjoy a Negroni Ice Cream sandwich. Because… ice cream (and because we’ll be stopping in Wednesday night for a special cocktail surprise. Watch for details on Instagram!).
- Did you check out our Negroni Week post? We got all the details on what it is, AND THREE NEW COCKTAILS for you to enjoy.
- You can also eyeball our other Negroni riffs from years past. Coconut. Coffee. Go get ’em.
- Accessorize your ensemble this week with a Negroni bandana and $2 of each sale will benefit the San Francisco Marin food bank!
- And lastly, we’ll be out and about all week supporting our favorite bars and charities. Stop on by our Instagram and say hi and let us know where you’re going!
This post is brought to you by Campari. Recipes and ideas are my own.
Your Instagram feed might be turning from #millennialpink to a cheery garnet red next week as we embark on the FIFTH year of Negroni Week!
If you’re not familiar with this wonderful time of year, or have only heard of it in passing, let me loop you guys in. From June 5 through 11 this year, bars, restaurants and vendors from around the world celebrate the Negroni cocktail – an iconic mix of Campari, gin, and sweet red vermouth – to raise money and awareness for great causes. What started as just 100 bars in the US, has now grown into an International event and this year will be bigger than ever.
For more information on Negroni Week, and for a list of bars participating, visit negroniweek.com and follow @CampariUS and @Imbibe on Facebook, @CampariUSA and @Imbibe on Instagram, @Campari and @Imbibe on Twitter, and engaging with the #NegroniWeek hashtag.
- Forget 6 packs of beer, there’s 6 packs of CHAMPAGNE now!
- If your cocktail isn’t served in an oversized light bulb… why even bother?
- Trash tiki. Learn it. Love it. Live it.
- Allspice dram, a flavor for all seasons.
- Not all bubbles are the same. Get to know the differences between seltzer and club soda. You guys already know why tonic water is different…right?
- Make the effort to buy good, cheap wine and not cheap, bad wine.
- Want to know what cocktails you should be Instagramming this summer? These cocktails. Right here.
- Drink Rogue beer, send a kid to school. Yay beer!
- Apparently there are rules for drinking mezcal…one of which includes worms.
- And finally, Negroni Week is starting June 5th and we’ll be sharing a bunch of Negroni adventures here and on our Instagram. Follow along!
- Tiki bars are not going anywhere. But you can easily make your own at home too. Here’s how!
- Bourbon. A whole bottle. On your doorstep. Every month.
- Everything you wanted to know about whiskey in this easy to read primer. Plus, lots of great distilleries and recipes!
- Making your own orgeat is riddick easy. Did you know you can use pistachios? We did that.
- Plants! Cocktails! Cocktail terrariums! I must drink here.
- All about scotchy scotch scotch (and it’s a video!).
- So many pickleback recipes, for when you need more than…just one…pickleback.
- Twin Peaks is coming back. Here’s a cocktail to get you excited about that.
- So, pretty much Chicago is going to go in and shake up the NYC cocktail scene.
- And finally, a new cocktail book devoted to DAY DRINKING. YASSSSSS!