- There’s a new tiki bible in town. What does Martin Cate have to say?
- There’s a LOT of cocktail conferences now. Starting this June you can go to one EVERY MONTH for a YEAR. Sounds like fun? Maybe...
- In case you need a refresher course, here’s everything you need to know about the Daiquiri.
- Bottled cocktails are here… and some are really not that bad.
- New study proves college students still AWFUL and girls- pour your own drinks please?
- “Sonic seasoning” and how sound can effect the taste of wine.
- Single malts from around the world. Which ones should you be drinking?
- Are you kidding me?? Change it back to “Old Tub” and I’d buy it anytime!
- Negroni Week is coming people! What charity is your local bar donating to?
- And lastly, the story behind 18.21 Bitters and how cancer helped pushed this company to life.
We don’t usually have much in the way of videos around here, but when we spotted these cocktail recipe videos from the London
So let’s break out those mixing glasses and take a cocktail vacation to Paris!
Corpse Reviver 2 Cocktail
Baton Rouge Cocktail
French 75 Cocktail
Mon Fizz Cocktail
The Parisian Sunset
Do you have #bartenderenvy yet (He makes it look so easy!)? And pistachio cream for cocktails? Yes please! For more of J.J. Goodman’s cocktails and the London Cocktail Club, check out their YouTube page! And if you’ve been inspired to take a trip to Paris (or another magical city) then make sure you’re prepared and bookmark some tips from The Times Insider City Guides.
This post was inspired by the Coolest Bars in Paris article found in The Sunday Times newly launched Travel Insider Site. For more info on sponsored products, affiliate links, and gifted booze, please visit the About page.
- If you’re looking to start a rare spirits collection, here’s some advice on how to make that happen.
- Rosé, Brosé, Frosé… eh…..
- And speaking of frozen cocktails, that’s just one of this season’s drinking trends over on Thrillist.
- But you know what’s not on that list, milk. In the UK, that’s now on trend as an ingredient to make booze.
- If you like to add the booze INTO your milk, here are a few places that do boozy ice cream right.
- Speed, bravado, cash money, sensory overload: just what is going on in the world of bartender competitions?
- Leftover bourbon (I know, weird huh?), use it up in these creative ways!
- Now you’ve used up all your Rye. What bottles to score on the cheap!
- Wine truths explained with pictures!
- And lastly, tiny cocktails: why we should all be drinking them.
- First up, we’ve dusted off our liquor shelves and have a few curated selections from our friends over at Mouth.com. Check it out!
- Mushroom’s the next drink trend? Well, Biancaniello’s been doing it for years...
- London is at the center of the World’s cocktail scene argues… UK cocktail convention.
- A 6 minute shake for a Ramos Gin Fizz? Whoa, you need a machine for that.
- People like looking for, and drinking, the worst shots ever.
- Want to be a Sherry buff? First, toss these myths aside.
- A history of Southern cocktails.. with cute illustrations!
- Eggs poached in beer. From Ansel Adams. Try it.
- The Punch site has been researching some of this country’s beloved, stupid drinking games.
- And lastly, this is pretty genius. And costs less than a silicone mold! Hailstone cocktails...
- The art of the Japanese style whiskey highball. I love the ritual of it all.
- And speaking of, we’ve got a video demonstration of how to do a hard shake and hand carve an ice sphere over on the Stir and Strain facebook page if ya’ll are interested (sorry, scroll down the page a bit).
- Man, I have so many #garnishgoals looking at these Instagram accounts.
- Whiskey is not going anywhere. We’ll always have whiskey. Calm down everyone.
- Just say YES to veggies in your cocktails. There’s a health benefit somewhere in there.
- How am I making my Bloody Mary WRONG if it’s a personal choice as to how I make my Bloody Mary?
- Life after bourbon. Just where do all those barrels go?
- Blanc vermouth. Get it. Drink it. Love it.
- Science tells you why they think you’re binge drinking.
- And lastly, would you guys like to watch a video of a fish drinking a beer? Ok. Here you go. Happy Monday.
- We had a really fun week last week at the WSWA! Check out all their highlights!
- Hey cocktail peeps, let’s try not to take ourselves so seriously, shall we? Or should we? You tell me.
- Citric acid- it’s not just for preservatives anymore! It’s also for cocktails.
- London’s largest gin bar set to open soon. Just look for the sign that says “The Gin Bar”.
- Pappy + overblown media coverage = bunch of criminals trying to make a buck.
- Just what exactly is in Israel’s new popular spirit? My guess… something to do with a Gazelle.
- Imaginary Los Angeles brewery causes a stir online; not really that interesting twitter war.
- How to become a more refined wine snob in 7 easy steps.
- Ladies, here’s some multitasking booze that erases wrinkles and, you know, gets you drunk too.
- And lastly, I don’t know how good this shaker really is, but I DO like watching the videos for it.
- Join Stir and Strain LIVE today through Thursday as we make our way through the WSWA (Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention) in lovely Las Vegas!
- The Ultimate Spirits Challenge winners have been announced and there’s a lot of my favs on the list!
- OH England and your crazy potato chip concoctions. Sure, I’d like a bag of Guinness flavored crisps!
- Love whiskey? Then only YOU can understand this list (probably. not really).
- I appreciate this honest conversation about the current state of beer in the US. It makes me want to go and drink some.
- And speaking of beer, one should try this IPA-inspired ice cream. Seriously.
- This is a great write up of tips on how to handle a cocktail competition.
- In Los Angeles, we tend to Spritz all day long.
- Blue drinks never went away for me. And look at what they’re doing with them now!
- And lastly, they’re putting Sriracha in your beer now, and other weird crap.
and Strain is attending the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America convention April 18-21! Follow along on ALL the social media channels to see sneak peeks at what’s new and upcoming in the spirits industry and quite possibly a celebrity sighting or two!
- Galentine’s Day. Brosè. Why we are still seeing gender campaigns in our booze today.
- “Pilsners before absinthe, get stuck in a labyrinth.” And other drinking warnings...
- I’m always excited for a new TIKI anything… but a HOTEL? YES!!
- These cocktail trends might not be new to you, but it’s interesting to see Vogue magazine embrace Sherry.
- What do bartenders think is the best thing to drink with oysters? (Sake, and pretty much whatever you want).
- This little snippet has been going around about how people look after each glass of wine they drink but frankly no one’s face is red enough by glass four so I think it’s all a lie.
- Spring beer trends! Wasn’t Gose (pronounced “go-zuh”) in Ghostbusters?
- Important things to consider when drinking on a diet. First, why are you on this website?
- And lastly, if you’re headed to Coachella this year, here’s a list of places to get a good (decent) drink in the area. But remember folks, Palm Springs is like, 25-40 minutes north from the festival...
1.5 oz Bluecoat Barrel Finish gin
0.25 oz Montenegro Amaro
0.75 oz Honey Syrup
0.25 oz Lemon juice
1.25 oz Smoked Pineapple juice
Bar spoon of Greek Yogurt
Okay, guys, thanks for reading through! Again, the WSWA convention is THE launch pad for the cocktail products you’ll see everywhere in the coming year. Join us LIVE from Vegas April 18-21 and make sure to ping me with questions and what you want to see!
**All photos courtesy of the WSWA convention.
BEST Tiki bars in America (according to the Food Network)...
- These wines will CHANGE YOUR LIFE or something. Probably put a big ol’ dent in your wallet too.
- Can sulfites in wine KILL YOU???!!! Or do they just make wine taste better?
- Harvard & Stone is going to be the BEST BAR IN AMERICA. Here’s why.
- Boston has DRINKS ON FIRE!!!
- Canada! You’re getting BOOZY STARBUCKS!!!
- The WEIRDEST LIQUORS IN THIS GUY’S LIQUOR CABINET are really not that weird. Is this an early April Fool’s joke?
- These drinks will CURE YOUR JET LAG! (but none of them are booze, so….).
- Spanish wine is THE MOST POPULAR WINE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD says NBC News...
- And finally, if you want a FREE TRIP TO SPAIN you need to enter a cocktail in this Tarantas Wine contest...