- In case you missed it, we’re giving away a Valentine’s Day Cocktail kit from SaloonBox! Enter now!
- Every few years the blogging world goes through some kind of change. Is wine blogging dead now?
- Bar High Five. Yet another reason to drink in Japan. Watch why.
- Here’s a few boozy desserts you can make to wow the pants off your significant other this weekend (Hint: Manhattan Cocktail Truffles!!!).
- Drinking! It does a body good! Says science.
- And if you need more evidence…. this guy lived to 107. Wine!
- Rhum Agricole in the US? Yes! Check out this distillery in Baton Rouge.
- This NYT article on beer, advertising and women seems to be causing quite a stir in the blogging community.
- If Tinder (or whatever the dating apps are now) isn’t working for you, consider a career in Mixology.
- And finally, to make your new liquor stand out in the market, try putting it in a skull or a viking ship.
- Want to start a vintage liquor collection? Head out to the country.
- Slimming down for the New Year? You need a 10-in-1 bar tool and throw the rest out*.
- Cocktail Competition Alert!! Tales of the Cocktail this year wants you to refresh a Tequila Sunrise. Are you game?
- If I’m reading this article right, date a bartender if you like to mooch off people and don’t want to pay for your drinks??
- Let the magical internet guess which drink is best for you based on your personality. SCIENCE!
- Does choosing a wine seem like a daunting task? This site will guarantee picks you’ll like based on tasting a few samples.
- And speaking of wine, if you have any leftover champagne in your house… turn it into popsicles.
- Diehard George Costanza/Seinfeld fans should get themselves a ticket to Australia STAT and visit this themed bar.
- This Donald Trump cocktail kinda makes me want to gag. Maybe it’s all that hair?
- And lastly, what is the perfect age for whiskey? (Like most statements based on opinion… it varies.)
- Hold your nose! They’re making durian wine.
- I dunno about this list. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen wine lovers drinking champagne out of flutes before.
- This week’s health claim is for the ladies: drink beer to live longer!
- Hangover soup and other ways to cure a hangover from around the world.
- We might have man caves in the U.S. but these Bar Sheds in the UK might be a new trend.
- Valentine’s Day is coming. Get to know your red wines with this basic guide.
- Rethink Grappa with these picks from Jim Meehan.
- Beyond “craft”. Should we be using another word for all these gins out there?
- It might seem backwards, but I love some coffee in my cocktails!
- And lastly, striking a work/life balance being a parent and in the spirits industry.
I partnered with the brand to write this article but every word is mine.
When I first started cocktail blogging, connecting with other like minded people was a slow process. I mean, it took several years just to meet all the bartenders just in Los Angeles. And there are new ones popping up every week. But now meeting and chatting with bartenders all over the world has just become as easy as clicking a button (and I like easy).
To fill the gap, The Club 83 social network has stepped in. Want to find out what bartenders in France are up to? Or just somewhere else in the U.S.? Want to share your bar’s creations with other bartenders who will appreciate your skill and effort? You don’t need a website, just an internet connection.
- Learn a new skill this year: make a better Piña Colada.
- Feeling the winter flu? Drink one of these guys.
- We think Emily Han is just the coolest. Check out her foraging and making cocktails.
- Netflix and Chill is the new thing for kids to do. I guess. I dunno. Here’s some cocktails for that occasion whatever it is.
- Is your New Year’s Resolution to get your sexy back? DRINK WINE.
- Don’t like reading (how did you make it this far?)? Watch how to open your beer with anything.
- Why you should be drinking Champagne from a wine glass and other facts about bubbly.
- A reason to make ice cream: bourbon (and brown sugar).
- Global warming is not a good thing, unless you want to make wine in the South of England.
- And lastly, how to drink like a local in Japan. (Tip: drink a LOT).
- Is your new year resolution to make better cocktails? 1. Good for you! 2. Start with these classics first.
- Cocktail trend predictions for 2016? GIVE ME ALL THE WESTERN TIKI DRINKS!!!
- Did you get a box of booze filled chocolates for the holidays? Find out how many of them you must eat to get drunk.
- Visiting family and stuck with a worrisome liquor cabinet? Let’s MacGyver this!
- When nature calls (in public), do it right with these tips.
- Get smart. The science, like real science, behind why scotch is smoky.
- And for some not real science, here’s a game where depending on how much you know about alcohol it can guess your age. Mine was off by about 5 years.
- Do you have trouble drinking wine in the shower? Maybe these will help you.
- A good case for Margaritas over Champagne.
- And lastly, Mario Batali is making beer out of garbage… and that’s a good thing.
Hey everyone! We’re taking a break from Booze News for the next two weeks to go and drink all the Hot Toddies and Egg Nog we can stomach. And eat all the Christmas cookies too. We’ll still be hanging around these parts with a few last minute gift ideas and a recipe or two. And check back next Monday for an epic giveaway. EPIC.
- Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter to win the Owl’s Brew Hot Toddy Gift Pack!
- We got a bunch of gift guides for you to oogle with your eyeballs.
- If you need some boozy edible ideas to bring to your holiday party this week I have two words for you ANGOSTURA BROWNIES.
- And if you just want a cocktail recipe….I got those too.
- Have you shopped for your booziest friends yet? We’ve got a bunch of gift guides on the site to help you out with that.
- Hot Toddy Bar at your next party? Sure. Here’s how to do it right.
- You can winterize your summer cocktails. Hint: lots of rosemary.
- Star Wars cocktail glasses. Because… Star Wars is coming.
- Wine from under the sea… Everything’s better down where it’s wetter take it from me.
- Would you like to drink some Rum & Techno? You won’t even need glow sticks!
- Care to guess what the world’s most expensive beer is? And what animal part it comes adorned with?
- Cucumber shooters. Now why haven’t I thought of that?
- Interested in owning your own distillery? Here are some tips for your start up.
- I might not want to drink a Cosmo, but hell, I’d sure like to EAT one!
- We’ve got a holiday trio of goodies we’re giving away. Passion fruit syrup, Whiskey Freeze Cups, and Lost Prohibition Cocktail Recipes. Get it!
- Christmas is coming. Make sure you have the right wine to go with those holiday cookies!
- Sit down by the fire and have some whisky with Nick Offerman. In silence. For 45 minutes.
- Thinking about drinking cognac? Here’s a good primer to get you off on the right foot.
- Bartenders just LoOoOoOoOoOoOVE oleo-saccharum.
- If you want your whiskey to taste like Christmas (and whatever you think that means), drink these.
- Traveling this holiday season? Here a few cocktail hacks to make on your next plane ride (kinda digging the beer one).
- If Pantone or Apple sold wine, this is what that would look like.
- It’s the holidays… pour yourself that nitecap and make it one of these guys.
- What makes a liquor “ultra-premium” and why does that sound like a made-up term?
- Still holding on to that Fall cider craving? These towns are a must visit.
- Looking to riff on your unpredictable Negroni? Check out these surprising swaps.
- Beer golf, because you are adulting now and shouldn’t be playing beer pong.
- This exists. But you have to fly to London to eat all those cocktails.
- I’m not sure if my husband’s family would agree, but that Aussie accent…. is from BOOZE!
- James Bond is inspiring gin sales to go UP UP UP...
- Boston has its own classic cocktail. Who knew?!
- It’s morning and you want your coffee, but you also want beer. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!
- Wondering what a Somm drinks at home? Here you go (hint: cheap).
- And finally, if you’re on Snapchat, LA Magazine thinks you should follow these people… *cough* *me* *cough*...