- GIVEAWAY! We’re giving away a copy of the Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-All.
- Pumpkin beer. You know you want it.
- These Los Angeles ladies are going to make you a great drink!
- Orange Wine! For Halloween! Or whenever. It’s a thing you should drink.
- Regardless of how many fancy cocktails I make, Buzzfeed is there to remind me that everyone just wants to drink vodka shots with Emergen-C.
- I’d like a bold red to have with my peanut butter cups please! And more ways to pair your Halloween candy with wine.
- Looking for a spooky garnish for your cocktails this week? Here’s a few to try.
- Just add rum: Pumpkin Spice Boba Tea!!!
- Get your candy flavored cocktails at these bars across the country. Or maybe make your own?
- Like these candy corn shooters. (Make at your own risk).
That’s right folks. We are closing up shop for the next 3 weeks and heading out of L.A. to go experience life elsewhere. Recipes, Booze News, and some new columns will start up when we return! Cheers!
the Stir and Strain team
- It’s amazing what they’ll add to the dictionary nowadays: wine o’clock.
- Instead of cooking something to finish up that bottle of wine, make these recipes and then get drunk.
- Getting married in Chicago? Get one of these bartenders to make your drinks.
- But don’t do any of these things to piss off that bartender. Please, just stop snapping at them.
- Is it too early for pumpkin-spice bourbon? Nah! It’s never too early.
- Opening wine without a wine opener has never been so much fun! Bring me a shoe!
- Ready for football season? Here’s what you’re going to spend on a beer at every NFL stadium.
- How to pour a beer. From a German. It’s complicated.
- I like this list of dresses worn at the Emmys compared to cocktails.
- The magic of sous-vide cooking has made its way into the cocktails in Bangkok.
- Entertaining at home? Not if you’re a millennial. I think it’s time to bring back the cocktail parties people!
- Curious what box wines you should be buying? No, well, there are a few good ones out there! Check this video out.
- Are these cocktail apps worth the price tag? Yes. The answer is yes.
- What the Royals do with wine… it might be fueling their cars.
- How much wine do you need to drink to get through the school year if you’re a teacher.
- If your hotel’s welcome drink is an aged Manhattan or a sangria with Lillet Rosé, I like your hotel.
- Eric’s bottle is jaw-droppingly impressive. Check out these home bar peeps.
- What beers should Disney Princesses drink? Who cares? Yeah, why does this exist?
- A review of the first Starbucks wine bar: wine OK, food not so much.
- Number 1 reason to visit Los Angeles soon: the reopening of Clifton’s Cafeteria. Feast your eyes on this guys. I want to live here.
- Not only are these bottles pretty to look at, but they taste good too.
- So you got a bottle of Kas Krupnnikas on your bar. Add it to your tea and other uses for those liqueurs taking up space.
- Are you still confused about Rye? Really? Well, read this.
- Let’s all pull back a bit with the rotisserie chicken and giant pizza garnishes and just make some good Bloody Mary’s.
- I went the whole summer completely unaware of the term “brosé”. But it’s a thing and if you’re a bro, then here’s 6 to try.
- If you get embarrassed ordering a tiki drink you’re doing it wrong.
- Is 9 too early to start talking to your kids about dangerous drinking? Do 12 year olds really binge drink?
- Does it seem to you all that there are too many lawsuits with liquor companies lately?
- A historical winery in Los Angeles? Yep, we got that.
- Yes, there’s lots of bourbon to drink in Bourbon Country, but what to eat there?
- Who wants to drive to get liquor on Labor Day? Not me. Saucey just started service in Chicago and to celebrate, Stir and Strain readers can get $10 off their order with code CHI10. This works in Chicago AND Los Angeles areas!
- You really should be drinking more amaro. Be an amaro genius with this guide.
- Looks like you’ve had a lot vodka today. But do you know how it’s even made?
- Party foul! Someone is going to break a glass at your party. Here’s a party trick for picking up all that glass.
- Should Vikings be the only people to drink mead? Serious question.
- Win your Labor Day party this year with homemade Fireball whiskey. Then make this cocktail.
- I really hope all that wine goes to the hospital patients, cause we all know that food there isn’t cutting it.
- If you’re kids are back in school after Monday, here’s a wine infographic to help with that.
- The answer is yes. I have no problem taxing a cocktail to help people.
- DUDE! Bourbon tornado. BOURBON. TORNADO. VIDEO.
- Do you like mezcal? Do you like ice cream? Prepare… for this!!!!!
- And since we’re already talking about food, check out The Beeroness Jackie Dodd’s The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook.
- Taco Bell is usually where I go AFTER I’m drunk, but now we’ll be able to just get that all done in one visit.
- In a similar vein, Target, who made me happy by putting in a Starbucks so I could drink my iced Americanos while shopping, is now thinking about putting cocktails in there as well.
- Not cooking with your beer? Here are some tips for finding your perfect beer.
- Younger people drinking habits confuse me. Are they all still ordering a Sex on the Beach?
- Are you drinking your salad greens? Radicchio is a new one for me.
- Why do we toast? Does it have something to do with…toast?
- I could imagine chugging this bottle if it was a bit more expensive and rare, but she could have just gone out and bought a new one.
- And lastly, a look back at the life of Sasha Petraske.
- Who’s keeping the cocktail/wine/beer culture strong? These guys. Do you have anyone to add?
- Do you smoke cigars? Would you like a wine to pair with them? Here’s some recommendations from the experts.
- Some late summer food and wine pairings if cigars ain’t yo thang.
- Forget the punch bowl, this communal drinking vessel needs no cups.
- Bourbon: coming to a tv/netflix/streaming device near you.
- A list for people who clearly have not interacted with bartenders or people in general before. Who are all these people waving their money around at bars?
- “Infection”, “spontaneous fermentation”, “microbes”. We’re not self-diagnosing on WebMD, we’re talking about beer!
- Poor, poor booze. Lesson learned here is that all liquor stores have crappy shelves.
- This week’s crazy science claim: eating/drinking asian pears before drinking reduces your hangover. Who’s going to try this one?
- If you’re already playing Beer Pong, do you really care where that ball has been?
- It’s been hot. Like, too hot. Why don’t we cool down with some boozy treats this week.
- Uncomfortable video of the day: pretty much how I’d be in front of the camera and why I’m sitting here behind my desk instead.
- Low-key wine bars are where it’s at (but also, so many questions from this tiny piece. When did we start saying high-low in place of highbrow-lowbrow? And when did Somerville, MA become a cool place to visit??).
- But if you’re not into wine, these cities are the best to visit to get your beer fix.
- Looking for a little home bar inspiration? Set your eyes on these 16 gorgeous bars for all spaces.
- Science tries again (and fails?) to tell us what is the right amount of booze to consume.
- “Can you please send eight gallons of Suffering Bastard, everyone is really hungover.” This won a battle in WWII.
- It’s a fight between Fireball and… what’s a hot cinnamon vodka?
- Has Templeton Rye wronged you? There’s a lawsuit for that.
- Cocktail snob? I may have participated in one or two of these acts.
If you’re not local to the Los Angeles area but want to complete your own Tiki Cocktail training, you can score a copy of the Grog Log online through Amazon and start charting your boozy expedition today.
Now on to the next challenge!