got a holiday trio of goodies we’re giving away. Passion fruit syrup, Whiskey Freeze Cups, and Lost Prohibition Cocktail Recipes. Get it!
- Christmas is coming. Make sure you have the right wine to go with those holiday cookies!
- Sit down by the fire and have some whisky with Nick Offerman. In silence. For 45 minutes.
- Thinking about drinking cognac? Here’s a good primer to get you off on the right foot.
- Bartenders just LoOoOoOoOoOoOVE oleo-saccharum.
- If you want your whiskey to taste like Christmas (and whatever you think that means), drink these.
- Traveling this holiday season? Here a few cocktail hacks to make on your next plane ride (kinda digging the beer one).
- If Pantone or Apple sold wine, this is what that would look like.
- It’s the holidays… pour yourself that nitecap and make it one of these guys.
- What makes a liquor “ultra-premium” and why does that sound like a made-up term?
- Still holding on to that Fall cider craving? These towns are a must visit.
- Looking to riff on your unpredictable Negroni? Check out these surprising swaps.
- Beer golf, because you are adulting now and shouldn’t be playing beer pong.
- This exists. But you have to fly to London to eat all those cocktails.
- I’m not sure if my husband’s family would agree, but that Aussie accent…. is from BOOZE!
- James Bond is inspiring gin sales to go UP UP UP...
- Boston has its own classic cocktail. Who knew?!
- It’s morning and you want your coffee, but you also want beer. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!
- Wondering what a Somm drinks at home? Here you go (hint: cheap).
- And finally, if you’re on Snapchat, LA Magazine thinks you should follow these people… *cough* *me* *cough*...
you need booze ASAP?! From now until Sunday the 29th, Stir and Strain readers get off their first order at Thirstie.com with code STIR10
- John Waters tells you how to behave at a cocktail party during the holiday season.
- Do you need some wine recommendations for Thanksgiving? Robin Watts is back again with some BOLD wine choices.
- Love your cranberry sauce more than life? Want to drink it. Try this cocktail first.
- And if you have any leftover cranberry sauce, you can stick it in THIS cocktail.
- And if you need to get drinks in order for a crowd, I’d suggest you give this spiced Holiday Punch a try.
- Ok, ok. If you MUST have a low alcohol option. Try these.
- Lugging booze, or a whole bar, to the party? You’ll need these tips to do it right.
- Been tossing back bottles of red wine and now you’ve got a headache? Let’s try and get scientific about why...
- And finally, you’ll need a good digestif to help make room after your Thanksgiving dinner (for more food).
flights this Thanksgiving? Here’s how to do it.
- SO. MANY. BARS. Liquor.com has put together 173 bars you should visit. So… I guess save up your vacation time?
- Absinthe. The secret to a good Oyster Pie is absinthe.
- Anheuser-Busch bought local SoCal favorite Golden Road Brewing this year. Do you have a local craft beer company that has been bought out or threatened by a beer giant?
- I am SO smitten with this Fruity Pebbles Ramos Gin Fizz (don’t even bother telling me you disagree. I won’t listen.). And more cereal cocktails!!
- The world’s oldest liquor gets its first bar in New York.
- I have no idea if the wine is good but the wineries themselves are worth a visit!
- Your hangover is hurting the economy jerks.
- Appropriate party advice for anyone wearing lipstick: how not to get it all over your glass.
- And lastly, not really news, since EVERYONE I FOLLOW RETWEETED/FACEBOOK POSTED/INSTAGRAMED this news bite about champagne this week.
you guys are into making your own shrubs/tonics/syrups as much as I do, you’ll want to own this book: Wild Drinks & Cocktails.
- Stop getting drunk British passengers. Just buy the tiny bottles on the plane like the rest of us.
- Like Four Roses bourbon? You should thank this guy.
- Bénédictine! You know what it is, but do you know how to use it?
- Seriously… what does scorpion vodka even taste like?
- An intriguing list of new cocktails to try. That green cocktail? Whoa. Also, smoke!
- If you’re always the designated driver, this list is for you. (Although I don’t see anything wrong with spending my weekend baking cakes and watching Fantasia).
- A little history behind Scotch Ales. Old Chub is a favorite of mine!
- Holy shit you guys, a TWELVE DAY TOUR of distilleries and booze in Japan?!?! Sign me up!
- And lastly, if you needed a contraption to drink champagne really, really fast…(you probably don’t).
of eating candy? Need some detoxing? Here are a few tea cocktails to try!
- Time to stock up! Gin’s facing a problem that can’t be solved with an over the counter cream.
- Bars… of the FUTURE!!!!!!!!
- Your bartender is listening to your bad date. And I could just read these stories forever...
- I probably idealize the Japanese bar but gosh I wish we’d get something like this in Los Angeles.
- When you think “Fall flavors” you should be thinking of Pimento Dram (or Allspice).
- But if you must eat of the pumpkin spice, drink one of these wines with it.
- If that comet is releasing that much booze from it, it’s a sloppy drunk.
- Food&Wine is going to tell you about Tiki drinks, the next big thing.
- Stocking up on beer for the holidays? Here’s what you can score at Trader Joe’s on the cheap!
We’re giving away a copy of the Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-All.
- Pumpkin beer. You know you want it.
- These Los Angeles ladies are going to make you a great drink!
- Orange Wine! For Halloween! Or whenever. It’s a thing you should drink.
- Regardless of how many fancy cocktails I make, Buzzfeed is there to remind me that everyone just wants to drink vodka shots with Emergen-C.
- I’d like a bold red to have with my peanut butter cups please! And more ways to pair your Halloween candy with wine.
- Looking for a spooky garnish for your cocktails this week? Here’s a few to try.
- Just add rum: Pumpkin Spice Boba Tea!!!
- Get your candy flavored cocktails at these bars across the country. Or maybe make your own?
- Like these candy corn shooters. (Make at your own risk).
the Stir and Strain team
amazing what they’ll add to the dictionary nowadays: wine o’clock.
- Instead of cooking something to finish up that bottle of wine, make these recipes and then get drunk.
- Getting married in Chicago? Get one of these bartenders to make your drinks.
- But don’t do any of these things to piss off that bartender. Please, just stop snapping at them.
- Is it too early for pumpkin-spice bourbon? Nah! It’s never too early.
- Opening wine without a wine opener has never been so much fun! Bring me a shoe!
- Ready for football season? Here’s what you’re going to spend on a beer at every NFL stadium.
- How to pour a beer. From a German. It’s complicated.
- I like this list of dresses worn at the Emmys compared to cocktails.
- The magic of sous-vide cooking has made its way into the cocktails in Bangkok.
at home? Not if you’re a millennial. I think it’s time to bring back the cocktail parties people!
- Curious what box wines you should be buying? No, well, there are a few good ones out there! Check this video out.
- Are these cocktail apps worth the price tag? Yes. The answer is yes.
- What the Royals do with wine… it might be fueling their cars.
- How much wine do you need to drink to get through the school year if you’re a teacher.
- If your hotel’s welcome drink is an aged Manhattan or a sangria with Lillet Rosé, I like your hotel.
- Eric’s bottle is jaw-droppingly impressive. Check out these home bar peeps.
- What beers should Disney Princesses drink? Who cares? Yeah, why does this exist?
- A review of the first Starbucks wine bar: wine OK, food not so much.
- Number 1 reason to visit Los Angeles soon: the reopening of Clifton’s Cafeteria. Feast your eyes on this guys. I want to live here.