a new skill this year: make a better Piña Colada.
- Feeling the winter flu? Drink one of these guys.
- We think Emily Han is just the coolest. Check out her foraging and making cocktails.
- Netflix and Chill is the new thing for kids to do. I guess. I dunno. Here’s some cocktails for that occasion whatever it is.
- Is your New Year’s Resolution to get your sexy back? DRINK WINE.
- Don’t like reading (how did you make it this far?)? Watch how to open your beer with anything.
- Why you should be drinking Champagne from a wine glass and other facts about bubbly.
- A reason to make ice cream: bourbon (and brown sugar).
- Global warming is not a good thing, unless you want to make wine in the South of England.
- And lastly, how to drink like a local in Japan. (Tip: drink a LOT).
your new year resolution to make better cocktails? 1. Good for you! 2. Start with these classics first.
- Cocktail trend predictions for 2016? GIVE ME ALL THE WESTERN TIKI DRINKS!!!
- Did you get a box of booze filled chocolates for the holidays? Find out how many of them you must eat to get drunk.
- Visiting family and stuck with a worrisome liquor cabinet? Let’s MacGyver this!
- When nature calls (in public), do it right with these tips.
- Get smart. The science, like real science, behind why scotch is smoky.
- And for some not real science, here’s a game where depending on how much you know about alcohol it can guess your age. Mine was off by about 5 years.
- Do you have trouble drinking wine in the shower? Maybe these will help you.
- A good case for Margaritas over Champagne.
- And lastly, Mario Batali is making beer out of garbage… and that’s a good thing.
- Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter to win the Owl’s Brew Hot Toddy Gift Pack!
- We got a bunch of gift guides for you to oogle with your eyeballs.
- If you need some boozy edible ideas to bring to your holiday party this week I have two words for you ANGOSTURA BROWNIES.
- And if you just want a cocktail recipe….I got those too.
you shopped for your booziest friends yet? We’ve got a bunch of gift guides on the site to help you out with that.
- Hot Toddy Bar at your next party? Sure. Here’s how to do it right.
- You can winterize your summer cocktails. Hint: lots of rosemary.
- Star Wars cocktail glasses. Because… Star Wars is coming.
- Wine from under the sea… Everything’s better down where it’s wetter take it from me.
- Would you like to drink some Rum & Techno? You won’t even need glow sticks!
- Care to guess what the world’s most expensive beer is? And what animal part it comes adorned with?
- Cucumber shooters. Now why haven’t I thought of that?
- Interested in owning your own distillery? Here are some tips for your start up.
- I might not want to drink a Cosmo, but hell, I’d sure like to EAT one!
got a holiday trio of goodies we’re giving away. Passion fruit syrup, Whiskey Freeze Cups, and Lost Prohibition Cocktail Recipes. Get it!
- Christmas is coming. Make sure you have the right wine to go with those holiday cookies!
- Sit down by the fire and have some whisky with Nick Offerman. In silence. For 45 minutes.
- Thinking about drinking cognac? Here’s a good primer to get you off on the right foot.
- Bartenders just LoOoOoOoOoOoOVE oleo-saccharum.
- If you want your whiskey to taste like Christmas (and whatever you think that means), drink these.
- Traveling this holiday season? Here a few cocktail hacks to make on your next plane ride (kinda digging the beer one).
- If Pantone or Apple sold wine, this is what that would look like.
- It’s the holidays… pour yourself that nitecap and make it one of these guys.
- What makes a liquor “ultra-premium” and why does that sound like a made-up term?
- Still holding on to that Fall cider craving? These towns are a must visit.
- Looking to riff on your unpredictable Negroni? Check out these surprising swaps.
- Beer golf, because you are adulting now and shouldn’t be playing beer pong.
- This exists. But you have to fly to London to eat all those cocktails.
- I’m not sure if my husband’s family would agree, but that Aussie accent…. is from BOOZE!
- James Bond is inspiring gin sales to go UP UP UP...
- Boston has its own classic cocktail. Who knew?!
- It’s morning and you want your coffee, but you also want beer. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!
- Wondering what a Somm drinks at home? Here you go (hint: cheap).
- And finally, if you’re on Snapchat, LA Magazine thinks you should follow these people… *cough* *me* *cough*...
you need booze ASAP?! From now until Sunday the 29th, Stir and Strain readers get off their first order at Thirstie.com with code STIR10
- John Waters tells you how to behave at a cocktail party during the holiday season.
- Do you need some wine recommendations for Thanksgiving? Robin Watts is back again with some BOLD wine choices.
- Love your cranberry sauce more than life? Want to drink it. Try this cocktail first.
- And if you have any leftover cranberry sauce, you can stick it in THIS cocktail.
- And if you need to get drinks in order for a crowd, I’d suggest you give this spiced Holiday Punch a try.
- Ok, ok. If you MUST have a low alcohol option. Try these.
- Lugging booze, or a whole bar, to the party? You’ll need these tips to do it right.
- Been tossing back bottles of red wine and now you’ve got a headache? Let’s try and get scientific about why...
- And finally, you’ll need a good digestif to help make room after your Thanksgiving dinner (for more food).
flights this Thanksgiving? Here’s how to do it.
- SO. MANY. BARS. Liquor.com has put together 173 bars you should visit. So… I guess save up your vacation time?
- Absinthe. The secret to a good Oyster Pie is absinthe.
- Anheuser-Busch bought local SoCal favorite Golden Road Brewing this year. Do you have a local craft beer company that has been bought out or threatened by a beer giant?
- I am SO smitten with this Fruity Pebbles Ramos Gin Fizz (don’t even bother telling me you disagree. I won’t listen.). And more cereal cocktails!!
- The world’s oldest liquor gets its first bar in New York.
- I have no idea if the wine is good but the wineries themselves are worth a visit!
- Your hangover is hurting the economy jerks.
- Appropriate party advice for anyone wearing lipstick: how not to get it all over your glass.
- And lastly, not really news, since EVERYONE I FOLLOW RETWEETED/FACEBOOK POSTED/INSTAGRAMED this news bite about champagne this week.
you guys are into making your own shrubs/tonics/syrups as much as I do, you’ll want to own this book: Wild Drinks & Cocktails.
- Stop getting drunk British passengers. Just buy the tiny bottles on the plane like the rest of us.
- Like Four Roses bourbon? You should thank this guy.
- Bénédictine! You know what it is, but do you know how to use it?
- Seriously… what does scorpion vodka even taste like?
- An intriguing list of new cocktails to try. That green cocktail? Whoa. Also, smoke!
- If you’re always the designated driver, this list is for you. (Although I don’t see anything wrong with spending my weekend baking cakes and watching Fantasia).
- A little history behind Scotch Ales. Old Chub is a favorite of mine!
- Holy shit you guys, a TWELVE DAY TOUR of distilleries and booze in Japan?!?! Sign me up!
- And lastly, if you needed a contraption to drink champagne really, really fast…(you probably don’t).
of eating candy? Need some detoxing? Here are a few tea cocktails to try!
- Time to stock up! Gin’s facing a problem that can’t be solved with an over the counter cream.
- Bars… of the FUTURE!!!!!!!!
- Your bartender is listening to your bad date. And I could just read these stories forever...
- I probably idealize the Japanese bar but gosh I wish we’d get something like this in Los Angeles.
- When you think “Fall flavors” you should be thinking of Pimento Dram (or Allspice).
- But if you must eat of the pumpkin spice, drink one of these wines with it.
- If that comet is releasing that much booze from it, it’s a sloppy drunk.
- Food&Wine is going to tell you about Tiki drinks, the next big thing.
- Stocking up on beer for the holidays? Here’s what you can score at Trader Joe’s on the cheap!