Welcome to day three of our “Outfitting a Home Bar Under $50 (including booze!)” series. These guides are meant to be used either as is, or as a starting point to at least get the essentials in order so you’re not stuck with guests and no cocktails. If you have some extra change we’re also including one way to upgrade it as a bonus at the end of the guides!
It’s Tequila Thursday around here and today’s guide will get you set up with a Paloma cocktail plus a few extra tools and ingredients (Like a pinch tin of salt! Where my salt lovers at??). The grapefruit garnish is optional but I love a big slice of grapefruit in my drink to be honest.
Paloma Home Bar Under $50 ($49.74)
- Grapefruit: as I mentioned in the note above, this is optional, but it does make a pretty garnish.
- Jigger: nothing fancy but it gets the job done. The job being an accurate pour!
- Limes: fresh juice is essential here so make sure you have some fruit on hand all the time.
- Tequila: You can get a 100% blue agave blanco tequila for under $20 so go ahead and get the 750 ml.
- Pairing knife: you can’t cut fruit with your fingers so a basic pairing knife is a must.
- Ice cube tray: 1.25″ ice cubes are the perfect size for your highball glass so get a tray that makes enough for you and guests.
- Bar spoon: for gentle stirring of drinks.
- Salt: throw a pinch into your drink and rim your glass if you like it like that.
- Grapefruit soda: an essential part of the Paloma and these cans are great to stack in your bar.
- Highball glasses: Ikea has 5 glasses for under $5. Go ahead and stock up.
Upgrade to a Spicy Margarita ($42.98)
**Prices on products are subject to change and we cannot guarantee that you’ll still be able to score all this under fifty bucks come holiday season. Or two years from now. Pricing not including shipping and local taxes.