- It’s time to up your cocktails garnishes…with LIGHTS!!!
- Talking music and a few surprising details about the brand with FEW Spirits founder Paul Hletko.
- I’m into eating my champagne lately…. in MARSHMALLOWS!
- Trying to fine tune your beer and food pairings? Here’s a good list of resources to help you along with that task.
- And speaking of pairings, here’s what wine to drink when you’re smoking a little weed.
- “The Negroni is to this decade what the cosmopolitan was to the ’90s…” SERIOUSLY. Love one and now so does everyone else.
- How to fake being a wine snob: legs are BULLSH*T! And if it smells like vinegar it’s not good.
- A new science study funded by wine growers shows that drinking lots of wine makes you immortal. Or so says science.
- NYC, it’s almost going to be like New Orleans. Almost.
- And lastly, serious question, with St. Patrick’s Day closing in on us, which Irish-themed cocktail fits your personality. Take a quiz to find out!
- So which Breakfast Club Cocktail archetype are you? (I think I’m having an identity crisis and I’m all of them).
- Hey cocktail ladies! You can drink beer too! Try these.
- Intelligentsia, among other coffee companies, is now jumping into the brewing world. I quite interested to see where this trend is headed.
- And then there’s THIS beer trend for you gym rats out there.
- Want some booze that packs a PUNCH? Check out these super boozy… boozes.
- Love rum, but not Tiki bars? (Don’t worry, I’m not judging you) Here’s a few spots that do rum right and almost nary a Tiki in sight.
- Leftover wine? Stick it in the freezer!
- If you still got some Oscar fever leftover from yesterday, here’s a cocktail with a bit of Hollywood storytelling alongside it.
- And an equally black tie cocktail (and SNACK!!) over at Dine X Design.
- Lastly, the Cocktail Chemistry YouTube channels does it again making this smoked cocktail super easy to replicate in your home (the future is video and video is NOW).
ON Sunday! We got something extra nice tomorrow so check back in. But until then, here’s this week’s boozy news…
- Hey, remember when I told you how to make to put a cocktail inside an ice sphere? Now you can SEE how to actually do it.
- So just where did that tiny umbrella in your drink come from? Maybe here?
- Apparently my combination of drinking liquor, red wine and now coffee insures that I WILL NEVER DIE.
- Come to Sunny Southern California. Drink beer. Go to college and study about beer. Beer beer beer.
- Well, if you’ve ever wanted to prance through a fountain filled with beer, you just need to travel to Slovenia.
- That one time Sasha Petraske rode the Orient Express.
- A good long-form read on the history of African-American bartenders by David Wondrich.
- Are you doing a bad job at muddling your cocktails? Here’s a few tips to correct your mistakes.
- If you want to tick-off a wine snob apparently talk about how much you love Sauvignon Blanc.
- And lastly, I’m judging a wine cocktail contest with Tarantas Wines. If you ever wanted to know what I think of your drinks…enter now.
- Curious what you all think: when is a tiki bar NOT a tiki bar….?
- Where did all your old cassette tapes go? They probably live at this Denver bar.
- This week’s science claim is one for the anti-vaxers: drink booze and no need for those vaccines!
- This man knows rum (he privately owns over 1000 bottles) and wants to talk to you about it.
- OH, and speaking of rum… IT’S THE NEXT BIG THING for 2016. Rum Old Fashioneds? YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
- Beer: it’s not just for drinking, it’s also for cooking (with).
- Need some new cocktail ideas for that bottle of Campari? Check out these drinks.
- We’re all just looking for a hangover cure. Here’s some with pictures!
- But can you even SAY Batavia Arrack correctly?
- And lastly, if you find yourself in the Palm Springs area over the next week, there are a ton of fun cocktail events going down at Modernism Week. Find me there.
- In case you missed it, we’re giving away a Valentine’s Day Cocktail kit from SaloonBox! Enter now!
- Every few years the blogging world goes through some kind of change. Is wine blogging dead now?
- Bar High Five. Yet another reason to drink in Japan. Watch why.
- Here’s a few boozy desserts you can make to wow the pants off your significant other this weekend (Hint: Manhattan Cocktail Truffles!!!).
- Drinking! It does a body good! Says science.
- And if you need more evidence…. this guy lived to 107. Wine!
- Rhum Agricole in the US? Yes! Check out this distillery in Baton Rouge.
- This NYT article on beer, advertising and women seems to be causing quite a stir in the blogging community.
- If Tinder (or whatever the dating apps are now) isn’t working for you, consider a career in Mixology.
- And finally, to make your new liquor stand out in the market, try putting it in a skull or a viking ship.
- Want to start a vintage liquor collection? Head out to the country.
- Slimming down for the New Year? You need a 10-in-1 bar tool and throw the rest out*.
- Cocktail Competition Alert!! Tales of the Cocktail this year wants you to refresh a Tequila Sunrise. Are you game?
- If I’m reading this article right, date a bartender if you like to mooch off people and don’t want to pay for your drinks??
- Let the magical internet guess which drink is best for you based on your personality. SCIENCE!
- Does choosing a wine seem like a daunting task? This site will guarantee picks you’ll like based on tasting a few samples.
- And speaking of wine, if you have any leftover champagne in your house… turn it into popsicles.
- Diehard George Costanza/Seinfeld fans should get themselves a ticket to Australia STAT and visit this themed bar.
- This Donald Trump cocktail kinda makes me want to gag. Maybe it’s all that hair?
- And lastly, what is the perfect age for whiskey? (Like most statements based on opinion… it varies.)
- Hold your nose! They’re making durian wine.
- I dunno about this list. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen wine lovers drinking champagne out of flutes before.
- This week’s health claim is for the ladies: drink beer to live longer!
- Hangover soup and other ways to cure a hangover from around the world.
- We might have man caves in the U.S. but these Bar Sheds in the UK might be a new trend.
- Valentine’s Day is coming. Get to know your red wines with this basic guide.
- Rethink Grappa with these picks from Jim Meehan.
- Beyond “craft”. Should we be using another word for all these gins out there?
- It might seem backwards, but I love some coffee in my cocktails!
- And lastly, striking a work/life balance being a parent and in the spirits industry.
- Learn a new skill this year: make a better Piña Colada.
- Feeling the winter flu? Drink one of these guys.
- We think Emily Han is just the coolest. Check out her foraging and making cocktails.
- Netflix and Chill is the new thing for kids to do. I guess. I dunno. Here’s some cocktails for that occasion whatever it is.
- Is your New Year’s Resolution to get your sexy back? DRINK WINE.
- Don’t like reading (how did you make it this far?)? Watch how to open your beer with anything.
- Why you should be drinking Champagne from a wine glass and other facts about bubbly.
- A reason to make ice cream: bourbon (and brown sugar).
- Global warming is not a good thing, unless you want to make wine in the South of England.
- And lastly, how to drink like a local in Japan. (Tip: drink a LOT).
- Is your new year resolution to make better cocktails? 1. Good for you! 2. Start with these classics first.
- Cocktail trend predictions for 2016? GIVE ME ALL THE WESTERN TIKI DRINKS!!!
- Did you get a box of booze filled chocolates for the holidays? Find out how many of them you must eat to get drunk.
- Visiting family and stuck with a worrisome liquor cabinet? Let’s MacGyver this!
- When nature calls (in public), do it right with these tips.
- Get smart. The science, like real science, behind why scotch is smoky.
- And for some not real science, here’s a game where depending on how much you know about alcohol it can guess your age. Mine was off by about 5 years.
- Do you have trouble drinking wine in the shower? Maybe these will help you.
- A good case for Margaritas over Champagne.
- And lastly, Mario Batali is making beer out of garbage… and that’s a good thing.
Hey everyone! We’re taking a break from Booze News for the next two weeks to go and drink all the Hot Toddies and Egg Nog we can stomach. And eat all the Christmas cookies too. We’ll still be hanging around these parts with a few last minute gift ideas and a recipe or two. And check back next Monday for an epic giveaway. EPIC.
- Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter to win the Owl’s Brew Hot Toddy Gift Pack!
- We got a bunch of gift guides for you to oogle with your eyeballs.
- If you need some boozy edible ideas to bring to your holiday party this week I have two words for you ANGOSTURA BROWNIES.
- And if you just want a cocktail recipe….I got those too.