a wine-based cocktail with Tarantas Wine, win a trip to Spain. IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
- What to drink where for the month of March (That Bunny Hill Cocktail is A++).
- I’m not sure if this is a strong enough case for this coconut rum. You decide.
- When I think of beer cocktails, I think of this guy. Jacob Grier makes a Mai Ta-IPA.
- Venice: where to get your Spritz on. And on. And on. And on.
- A guide to completing the Tonga Hut’s Grog Log. I might not agree with all their hits and misses on the drinks list, but this is a seriously detailed list if you’re thinking about trying.
- And speaking of Tiki, remember when I used to do the Coconut Club? Those guys are still at it! Check out the pics.
- Vermouth. It’s delicious. Try it in something other than your martini (or, OK, have it in your martini too)!
- I totally get it. Mom asks for a wine budget in her divorce case.
- And lastly, Hey Ladies! Los Angeles is getting its own whiskey club. For women. I’ve joined! Join us!
“Full Pirate” and other trends via Cocktail tastemakers for 2016.
- Sugar-Free wine might not be as stupid as it sounds after all.
- The Most Interesting Man in the World (in beer commercials) is retiring. A few of the best phrases from that campaign.
- Cocktail tasting menus. It’s a thing, and I love it (but I don’t love calling bars “secret” that ARE NOT SECRET WHEN WE ALL KNOW WHERE THE BAR IS).
- Marissa A. Ross tells us why we all should be drinking port right now.
- It’s like latte art, but with cocktails. And SO MUCH BETTER.
- Creating the “perfect” cocktail (with your phone)?? I don’t think you could make an Espresso Martini perfect.
- All the green drinks (and some don’t even have alcohol!).
- Thanks to Buzzfeed for including Stir and Strain in their 19 Cocktail Instagram accounts to follow!
- And lastly, how to celebrate 18 hours of St. Patrick’s Day. Good luck guys!
time to up your cocktails garnishes…with LIGHTS!!!
- Talking music and a few surprising details about the brand with FEW Spirits founder Paul Hletko.
- I’m into eating my champagne lately…. in MARSHMALLOWS!
- Trying to fine tune your beer and food pairings? Here’s a good list of resources to help you along with that task.
- And speaking of pairings, here’s what wine to drink when you’re smoking a little weed.
- “The Negroni is to this decade what the cosmopolitan was to the ’90s…” SERIOUSLY. Love one and now so does everyone else.
- How to fake being a wine snob: legs are BULLSH*T! And if it smells like vinegar it’s not good.
- A new science study funded by wine growers shows that drinking lots of wine makes you immortal. Or so says science.
- NYC, it’s almost going to be like New Orleans. Almost.
- And lastly, serious question, with St. Patrick’s Day closing in on us, which Irish-themed cocktail fits your personality. Take a quiz to find out!
which Breakfast Club Cocktail archetype are you? (I think I’m having an identity crisis and I’m all of them).
- Hey cocktail ladies! You can drink beer too! Try these.
- Intelligentsia, among other coffee companies, is now jumping into the brewing world. I quite interested to see where this trend is headed.
- And then there’s THIS beer trend for you gym rats out there.
- Want some booze that packs a PUNCH? Check out these super boozy… boozes.
- Love rum, but not Tiki bars? (Don’t worry, I’m not judging you) Here’s a few spots that do rum right and almost nary a Tiki in sight.
- Leftover wine? Stick it in the freezer!
- If you still got some Oscar fever leftover from yesterday, here’s a cocktail with a bit of Hollywood storytelling alongside it.
- And an equally black tie cocktail (and SNACK!!) over at Dine X Design.
- Lastly, the Cocktail Chemistry YouTube channels does it again making this smoked cocktail super easy to replicate in your home (the future is video and video is NOW).
- Hey, remember when I told you how to make to put a cocktail inside an ice sphere? Now you can SEE how to actually do it.
- So just where did that tiny umbrella in your drink come from? Maybe here?
- Apparently my combination of drinking liquor, red wine and now coffee insures that I WILL NEVER DIE.
- Come to Sunny Southern California. Drink beer. Go to college and study about beer. Beer beer beer.
- Well, if you’ve ever wanted to prance through a fountain filled with beer, you just need to travel to Slovenia.
- That one time Sasha Petraske rode the Orient Express.
- A good long-form read on the history of African-American bartenders by David Wondrich.
- Are you doing a bad job at muddling your cocktails? Here’s a few tips to correct your mistakes.
- If you want to tick-off a wine snob apparently talk about how much you love Sauvignon Blanc.
- And lastly, I’m judging a wine cocktail contest with Tarantas Wines. If you ever wanted to know what I think of your drinks…enter now.
- Curious what you all think: when is a tiki bar NOT a tiki bar….?
- Where did all your old cassette tapes go? They probably live at this Denver bar.
- This week’s science claim is one for the anti-vaxers: drink booze and no need for those vaccines!
- This man knows rum (he privately owns over 1000 bottles) and wants to talk to you about it.
- OH, and speaking of rum… IT’S THE NEXT BIG THING for 2016. Rum Old Fashioneds? YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
- Beer: it’s not just for drinking, it’s also for cooking (with).
- Need some new cocktail ideas for that bottle of Campari? Check out these drinks.
- We’re all just looking for a hangover cure. Here’s some with pictures!
- But can you even SAY Batavia Arrack correctly?
- And lastly, if you find yourself in the Palm Springs area over the next week, there are a ton of fun cocktail events going down at Modernism Week. Find me there.
case you missed it, we’re giving away a Valentine’s Day Cocktail kit from SaloonBox! Enter now!
- Every few years the blogging world goes through some kind of change. Is wine blogging dead now?
- Bar High Five. Yet another reason to drink in Japan. Watch why.
- Here’s a few boozy desserts you can make to wow the pants off your significant other this weekend (Hint: Manhattan Cocktail Truffles!!!).
- Drinking! It does a body good! Says science.
- And if you need more evidence…. this guy lived to 107. Wine!
- Rhum Agricole in the US? Yes! Check out this distillery in Baton Rouge.
- This NYT article on beer, advertising and women seems to be causing quite a stir in the blogging community.
- If Tinder (or whatever the dating apps are now) isn’t working for you, consider a career in Mixology.
- And finally, to make your new liquor stand out in the market, try putting it in a skull or a viking ship.
to start a vintage liquor collection? Head out to the country.
- Slimming down for the New Year? You need a 10-in-1 bar tool and throw the rest out*.
- Cocktail Competition Alert!! Tales of the Cocktail this year wants you to refresh a Tequila Sunrise. Are you game?
- If I’m reading this article right, date a bartender if you like to mooch off people and don’t want to pay for your drinks??
- Let the magical internet guess which drink is best for you based on your personality. SCIENCE!
- Does choosing a wine seem like a daunting task? This site will guarantee picks you’ll like based on tasting a few samples.
- And speaking of wine, if you have any leftover champagne in your house… turn it into popsicles.
- Diehard George Costanza/Seinfeld fans should get themselves a ticket to Australia STAT and visit this themed bar.
- This Donald Trump cocktail kinda makes me want to gag. Maybe it’s all that hair?
- And lastly, what is the perfect age for whiskey? (Like most statements based on opinion… it varies.)
your nose! They’re making durian wine.
- I dunno about this list. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen wine lovers drinking champagne out of flutes before.
- This week’s health claim is for the ladies: drink beer to live longer!
- Hangover soup and other ways to cure a hangover from around the world.
- We might have man caves in the U.S. but these Bar Sheds in the UK might be a new trend.
- Valentine’s Day is coming. Get to know your red wines with this basic guide.
- Rethink Grappa with these picks from Jim Meehan.
- Beyond “craft”. Should we be using another word for all these gins out there?
- It might seem backwards, but I love some coffee in my cocktails!
- And lastly, striking a work/life balance being a parent and in the spirits industry.
a new skill this year: make a better Piña Colada.
- Feeling the winter flu? Drink one of these guys.
- We think Emily Han is just the coolest. Check out her foraging and making cocktails.
- Netflix and Chill is the new thing for kids to do. I guess. I dunno. Here’s some cocktails for that occasion whatever it is.
- Is your New Year’s Resolution to get your sexy back? DRINK WINE.
- Don’t like reading (how did you make it this far?)? Watch how to open your beer with anything.
- Why you should be drinking Champagne from a wine glass and other facts about bubbly.
- A reason to make ice cream: bourbon (and brown sugar).
- Global warming is not a good thing, unless you want to make wine in the South of England.
- And lastly, how to drink like a local in Japan. (Tip: drink a LOT).