- Topless beer cans.
- If you’re up in SF, check out these beer cocktails.
- George Washington and friends were a bunch of drunks.
- Narragansett larger + Del’s lemonade = the Rhode Island Shandy (I need this in my life stat).
- Overrated and Underrated cocktails. I’m with Meehan on this one, I love a good G&T.
- America’s best bartenders. Some good ones on this list but do you think they missed anyone?
- Bulk wine makes me think of people with their heads under the tap…
- A reason to visit Dallas: mushroom cocktails.
- Wine: good for the heart but not for making babies?
- Drunk gambling: don’t do it.
- I’m kinda in love with all these wine products.
- Al Capone’s cocktail shaker goes up for auction along with some other AMAZING cocktail finds.
- Bottomless Brunch is illegal in New York. Rest of country sighs relief.
- All hotels and my bedroom need a “press for champagne” button that actually brings me a bottle.
- Where to drink in New Orleans from a singing bartender.
- Ever wonder what the Crystal Head vodka skull would look like as a real head?
- Nowadays you can order a Harvey Wallbanger and no one will bat an eyelash.
- Here’s this week’s really expensive bottle of booze.
- If you happen to be in Seattle, there’s a whole lot of Amari there.
- Did you make a drink Sunday and name it after a nominee?
- Nominations for the 2014 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards are open! Do you have someone you’d like to nominate?
- Tiki is not dead. Read this.
- Why is your cocktail so expensive? Jim Meehan tells you why.
- This bar?? NO.
- Tanqueray gets a new sexy, art deco bottle.
- Ibérico ham. In your mezcal. It’s a thing.
- Do I really have to wait until October for the new Death & Co cocktail book?
- Olive Oil in cocktails has been on my “to do” list for quite awhile now. Apparently I’m ahead of the trend.
- Nonalcoholic drinks get the mixology touch. But can we please stop using the word mocktail?
- Your wines really need a decanter.
- Happy 80th birthday to the Bloody Mary!
- Red Burgundy = Pinot Noir. Who knew?! A beginner’s guide to French wines.
- Come on Saveur, you couldn’t have made it 69?
- The Manhattan Cocktail Classic is happening in May.
- Want to fund a really cool bar spoon on kickstarter? Now you can.
- 8 Guy Bartenders to watch this year.
- It’s the year of the horse. Here’s a cocktail for that.
- British cocktail digital magazine: The Cocktail Lovers, #10 is out.
- Stunning cocktail pics from one of my favorite L.A. bartenders.
- Only Canadians seem to be lucky enough to score a drink in Russia right now.
- The secret language of bartenders. “Bartender ketchup” might be one of my favs.
Do you have some news to share? Leave it below in the comments section and enlighten us all!
It pains me to say this, but I find that more and more lately I hear breaking news reports through…twitter. For the longest time I resisted this social media program, until my day job forced me into it. And by forced, I mean realized that if we were not utilizing it for our business then we were dumb and behind the times. So I signed us up.
Initially when food trucks were all the rage (are they still they rage or have we moved on?), twitter was my source for looking up where I might find my favorite hotdog/french fry/whathaveyou vehicle. Then I got swallowed up in it and never escaped. On the other hand, I find out about current events usually AS THEY HAPPEN, and I can go to my grave now knowing what twerking is (apparently not something to do with drugs like I thought) and that I don’t care about ever trying a cronut (can’t we just eat some pie?).
So here’s some boozy news to peruse while you drink your morning coffee and try to look like you’re working. Courtesy of the internet.
- So Los Angeles is getting an Uni Cocktail and Durian Bitters.
- Tea Cockail Mixers. I can’t tell if I’m buying this for the design or the product.
- Americans aren’t such a big bunch of lushes after all. South Koreans apparently are.
- Talk is cheap. And your Rye can be too.
- 10 Bartenders from around the world talk about trends for 2014. Some very biased, some really thoughtful.
- All aboard the Bourbon Cruise!
- In Russia, if you throw a couple diamonds into vodka you can call it the world’s most expensive cocktail.
- Like the taste of grass? You can drink it now too.
- The world’s first pour spout remover got funded!
- And lastly, photos of cocktails on fire. Another reason to visit Smuggler’s Cove in San Francisco.
When did we, the world, decide to make almost every day of the year a food/drink holiday? Sometime in 2010?
Hey, I’m not going to pass up a day dedicated to tacos or, in this case, Margaritas. I’m just going to go with it.
Need some inspirational cocktail recipes? Here are my two takes on the Margarita. Cheers!
Want even more Margarita inspiration? Check out my Stir & Strain Pinterest board for some recipes I pinned.