If you’re not familiar with DPD, they’re a one hour radio program usually broadcast on your local public radio station and their job is to help you win your next dinner party with news tidbits, interviews, etiquette questions, and, most importantly, cocktail recipes. They’ve been doing this for awhile, so you can spend some time browsing their recipes for something to make for your next dinner party (and get a little history lesson too!). This post includes a few of my favorite shots I’ve taken for them over the past couple of years.
As always, thanks for reading!
- I told you all about these Cocktail Hour Playing Cards a few weeks back and there’s just two more days to go until the Kickstarter ends. Please go support getting these rad cards made!
- Also, did you know that today is the LAST day to enter to win a Summer Scotch Cocktail Kit from Shaker & Spoon on this site? NO!? Well it is!
- If it kills you to send a text using the standard beer mug emoji, now you have 60 beer related ones to choose from.
- What champagne to drink with your fried chicken this summer because… fancy!
- The only reason you can’t buy Pappy anymore is because millennials bought it all up to impress their friends on Instagram.
- Just how much is a dash? (Answer: there is no answer.)
- One last time you guys: how to be a wine snob.
- Taylor Swift’s favorite cocktail is spiked Diet Coke; that is not a cocktail.
- Kefir! The next new health fad! Let’s put some booze in it!
- And lastly: Go home Wisconsin, you’re drunk.
- Get to know some Canadian whiskies before you pack it up and move to Canada.
- The world’s smallest bar has only a two week waiting list?! Time for a trip to Italy.
- Boozy whale popsicles, cotton candy, bourbon gummies—and this is just ONE Tiki drink!
- Negroni Week starts today. Here are a few of my Negroni variations from last year and one of my favorite photos.
- I only knew the Shotski from Bravo TV, but apparently it’s been around a LOT longer...
- Come for the steak, stay for super soakers filled with champagne they’ll shoot into your mouth.
- Not only do Bavarians drink beer before noon, they also have a SECOND BREAKFAST!
- Not all Rosé wines are created equal, but someone’s weeded out the good ones to try!
- I think threatening the bartender is what actually got her thrown out. Not by ordering cheap gin.
- Some Chicago bartenders have pretty awesome Instagram accounts.
- And lastly, with Father’s Day coming up, and graduation (from college! Not for you high schoolers who shouldn’t be here.), and what else is this month? Flag day? Your wedding? For all your holiday needs, go buy some booze. Here’s my picks!
- There’s a new tiki bible in town. What does Martin Cate have to say?
- There’s a LOT of cocktail conferences now. Starting this June you can go to one EVERY MONTH for a YEAR. Sounds like fun? Maybe...
- In case you need a refresher course, here’s everything you need to know about the Daiquiri.
- Bottled cocktails are here… and some are really not that bad.
- New study proves college students still AWFUL and girls- pour your own drinks please?
- “Sonic seasoning” and how sound can effect the taste of wine.
- Single malts from around the world. Which ones should you be drinking?
- Are you kidding me?? Change it back to “Old Tub” and I’d buy it anytime!
- Negroni Week is coming people! What charity is your local bar donating to?
- And lastly, the story behind 18.21 Bitters and how cancer helped pushed this company to life.
We don’t usually have much in the way of videos around here, but when we spotted these cocktail recipe videos from the London
So let’s break out those mixing glasses and take a cocktail vacation to Paris!
Corpse Reviver 2 Cocktail
Baton Rouge Cocktail
French 75 Cocktail
Mon Fizz Cocktail
The Parisian Sunset
Do you have #bartenderenvy yet (He makes it look so easy!)? And pistachio cream for cocktails? Yes please! For more of J.J. Goodman’s cocktails and the London Cocktail Club, check out their YouTube page! And if you’ve been inspired to take a trip to Paris (or another magical city) then make sure you’re prepared and bookmark some tips from The Times Insider City Guides.
This post was inspired by the Coolest Bars in Paris article found in The Sunday Times newly launched Travel Insider Site. For more info on sponsored products, affiliate links, and gifted booze, please visit the About page.
- If you’re looking to start a rare spirits collection, here’s some advice on how to make that happen.
- Rosé, Brosé, Frosé… eh…..
- And speaking of frozen cocktails, that’s just one of this season’s drinking trends over on Thrillist.
- But you know what’s not on that list, milk. In the UK, that’s now on trend as an ingredient to make booze.
- If you like to add the booze INTO your milk, here are a few places that do boozy ice cream right.
- Speed, bravado, cash money, sensory overload: just what is going on in the world of bartender competitions?
- Leftover bourbon (I know, weird huh?), use it up in these creative ways!
- Now you’ve used up all your Rye. What bottles to score on the cheap!
- Wine truths explained with pictures!
- And lastly, tiny cocktails: why we should all be drinking them.
- First up, we’ve dusted off our liquor shelves and have a few curated selections from our friends over at Mouth.com. Check it out!
- Mushroom’s the next drink trend? Well, Biancaniello’s been doing it for years...
- London is at the center of the World’s cocktail scene argues… UK cocktail convention.
- A 6 minute shake for a Ramos Gin Fizz? Whoa, you need a machine for that.
- People like looking for, and drinking, the worst shots ever.
- Want to be a Sherry buff? First, toss these myths aside.
- A history of Southern cocktails.. with cute illustrations!
- Eggs poached in beer. From Ansel Adams. Try it.
- The Punch site has been researching some of this country’s beloved, stupid drinking games.
- And lastly, this is pretty genius. And costs less than a silicone mold! Hailstone cocktails...
- The art of the Japanese style whiskey highball. I love the ritual of it all.
- And speaking of, we’ve got a video demonstration of how to do a hard shake and hand carve an ice sphere over on the Stir and Strain facebook page if ya’ll are interested (sorry, scroll down the page a bit).
- Man, I have so many #garnishgoals looking at these Instagram accounts.
- Whiskey is not going anywhere. We’ll always have whiskey. Calm down everyone.
- Just say YES to veggies in your cocktails. There’s a health benefit somewhere in there.
- How am I making my Bloody Mary WRONG if it’s a personal choice as to how I make my Bloody Mary?
- Life after bourbon. Just where do all those barrels go?
- Blanc vermouth. Get it. Drink it. Love it.
- Science tells you why they think you’re binge drinking.
- And lastly, would you guys like to watch a video of a fish drinking a beer? Ok. Here you go. Happy Monday.
- We had a really fun week last week at the WSWA! Check out all their highlights!
- Hey cocktail peeps, let’s try not to take ourselves so seriously, shall we? Or should we? You tell me.
- Citric acid- it’s not just for preservatives anymore! It’s also for cocktails.
- London’s largest gin bar set to open soon. Just look for the sign that says “The Gin Bar”.
- Pappy + overblown media coverage = bunch of criminals trying to make a buck.
- Just what exactly is in Israel’s new popular spirit? My guess… something to do with a Gazelle.
- Imaginary Los Angeles brewery causes a stir online; not really that interesting twitter war.
- How to become a more refined wine snob in 7 easy steps.
- Ladies, here’s some multitasking booze that erases wrinkles and, you know, gets you drunk too.
- And lastly, I don’t know how good this shaker really is, but I DO like watching the videos for it.