- Join Stir and Strain LIVE today through Thursday as we make our way through the WSWA (Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention) in lovely Las Vegas!
- The Ultimate Spirits Challenge winners have been announced and there’s a lot of my favs on the list!
- OH England and your crazy potato chip concoctions. Sure, I’d like a bag of Guinness flavored crisps!
- Love whiskey? Then only YOU can understand this list (probably. not really).
- I appreciate this honest conversation about the current state of beer in the US. It makes me want to go and drink some.
- And speaking of beer, one should try this IPA-inspired ice cream. Seriously.
- This is a great write up of tips on how to handle a cocktail competition.
- In Los Angeles, we tend to Spritz all day long.
- Blue drinks never went away for me. And look at what they’re doing with them now!
- And lastly, they’re putting Sriracha in your beer now, and other weird crap.
and Strain is attending the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America convention April 18-21! Follow along on ALL the social media channels to see sneak peeks at what’s new and upcoming in the spirits industry and quite possibly a celebrity sighting or two!
- Galentine’s Day. Brosè. Why we are still seeing gender campaigns in our booze today.
- “Pilsners before absinthe, get stuck in a labyrinth.” And other drinking warnings...
- I’m always excited for a new TIKI anything… but a HOTEL? YES!!
- These cocktail trends might not be new to you, but it’s interesting to see Vogue magazine embrace Sherry.
- What do bartenders think is the best thing to drink with oysters? (Sake, and pretty much whatever you want).
- This little snippet has been going around about how people look after each glass of wine they drink but frankly no one’s face is red enough by glass four so I think it’s all a lie.
- Spring beer trends! Wasn’t Gose (pronounced “go-zuh”) in Ghostbusters?
- Important things to consider when drinking on a diet. First, why are you on this website?
- And lastly, if you’re headed to Coachella this year, here’s a list of places to get a good (decent) drink in the area. But remember folks, Palm Springs is like, 25-40 minutes north from the festival...
BEST Tiki bars in America (according to the Food Network)...
- These wines will CHANGE YOUR LIFE or something. Probably put a big ol’ dent in your wallet too.
- Can sulfites in wine KILL YOU???!!! Or do they just make wine taste better?
- Harvard & Stone is going to be the BEST BAR IN AMERICA. Here’s why.
- Boston has DRINKS ON FIRE!!!
- Canada! You’re getting BOOZY STARBUCKS!!!
- The WEIRDEST LIQUORS IN THIS GUY’S LIQUOR CABINET are really not that weird. Is this an early April Fool’s joke?
- These drinks will CURE YOUR JET LAG! (but none of them are booze, so….).
- Spanish wine is THE MOST POPULAR WINE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD says NBC News...
- And finally, if you want a FREE TRIP TO SPAIN you need to enter a cocktail in this Tarantas Wine contest...
someone with talent in the bar industry? Nominate them for a Spirited Award!
- The deadline for the Tarantas Wine Cocktail contest is ending soon! I want to taste your cocktails!
- Are you using the right cocktail glass for your drinks? This video explains what to use when and why.
- Did you celebrate International Whisky Day yesterday? Do you know the history behind it?
- The future of US wine making is where?! And did you know EVERY STATE IN THE US makes wine? I did not.
- Flair bartending grew up, it never went away.
- Even urban dwellers get to have wineries now. Here are a few of the best.
- A beer truck and a Frito Lay truck collide. Florida got lucky this time.
- Jäger cocktails I’d actually want to drink!
- And finally, hollow chocolate Easter bunnies and gross and not worth the calories. If you have some laying around from yesterday, fill them with whiskey.
a wine-based cocktail with Tarantas Wine, win a trip to Spain. IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
- What to drink where for the month of March (That Bunny Hill Cocktail is A++).
- I’m not sure if this is a strong enough case for this coconut rum. You decide.
- When I think of beer cocktails, I think of this guy. Jacob Grier makes a Mai Ta-IPA.
- Venice: where to get your Spritz on. And on. And on. And on.
- A guide to completing the Tonga Hut’s Grog Log. I might not agree with all their hits and misses on the drinks list, but this is a seriously detailed list if you’re thinking about trying.
- And speaking of Tiki, remember when I used to do the Coconut Club? Those guys are still at it! Check out the pics.
- Vermouth. It’s delicious. Try it in something other than your martini (or, OK, have it in your martini too)!
- I totally get it. Mom asks for a wine budget in her divorce case.
- And lastly, Hey Ladies! Los Angeles is getting its own whiskey club. For women. I’ve joined! Join us!
“Full Pirate” and other trends via Cocktail tastemakers for 2016.
- Sugar-Free wine might not be as stupid as it sounds after all.
- The Most Interesting Man in the World (in beer commercials) is retiring. A few of the best phrases from that campaign.
- Cocktail tasting menus. It’s a thing, and I love it (but I don’t love calling bars “secret” that ARE NOT SECRET WHEN WE ALL KNOW WHERE THE BAR IS).
- Marissa A. Ross tells us why we all should be drinking port right now.
- It’s like latte art, but with cocktails. And SO MUCH BETTER.
- Creating the “perfect” cocktail (with your phone)?? I don’t think you could make an Espresso Martini perfect.
- All the green drinks (and some don’t even have alcohol!).
- Thanks to Buzzfeed for including Stir and Strain in their 19 Cocktail Instagram accounts to follow!
- And lastly, how to celebrate 18 hours of St. Patrick’s Day. Good luck guys!
time to up your cocktails garnishes…with LIGHTS!!!
- Talking music and a few surprising details about the brand with FEW Spirits founder Paul Hletko.
- I’m into eating my champagne lately…. in MARSHMALLOWS!
- Trying to fine tune your beer and food pairings? Here’s a good list of resources to help you along with that task.
- And speaking of pairings, here’s what wine to drink when you’re smoking a little weed.
- “The Negroni is to this decade what the cosmopolitan was to the ’90s…” SERIOUSLY. Love one and now so does everyone else.
- How to fake being a wine snob: legs are BULLSH*T! And if it smells like vinegar it’s not good.
- A new science study funded by wine growers shows that drinking lots of wine makes you immortal. Or so says science.
- NYC, it’s almost going to be like New Orleans. Almost.
- And lastly, serious question, with St. Patrick’s Day closing in on us, which Irish-themed cocktail fits your personality. Take a quiz to find out!
which Breakfast Club Cocktail archetype are you? (I think I’m having an identity crisis and I’m all of them).
- Hey cocktail ladies! You can drink beer too! Try these.
- Intelligentsia, among other coffee companies, is now jumping into the brewing world. I quite interested to see where this trend is headed.
- And then there’s THIS beer trend for you gym rats out there.
- Want some booze that packs a PUNCH? Check out these super boozy… boozes.
- Love rum, but not Tiki bars? (Don’t worry, I’m not judging you) Here’s a few spots that do rum right and almost nary a Tiki in sight.
- Leftover wine? Stick it in the freezer!
- If you still got some Oscar fever leftover from yesterday, here’s a cocktail with a bit of Hollywood storytelling alongside it.
- And an equally black tie cocktail (and SNACK!!) over at Dine X Design.
- Lastly, the Cocktail Chemistry YouTube channels does it again making this smoked cocktail super easy to replicate in your home (the future is video and video is NOW).
- Hey, remember when I told you how to make to put a cocktail inside an ice sphere? Now you can SEE how to actually do it.
- So just where did that tiny umbrella in your drink come from? Maybe here?
- Apparently my combination of drinking liquor, red wine and now coffee insures that I WILL NEVER DIE.
- Come to Sunny Southern California. Drink beer. Go to college and study about beer. Beer beer beer.
- Well, if you’ve ever wanted to prance through a fountain filled with beer, you just need to travel to Slovenia.
- That one time Sasha Petraske rode the Orient Express.
- A good long-form read on the history of African-American bartenders by David Wondrich.
- Are you doing a bad job at muddling your cocktails? Here’s a few tips to correct your mistakes.
- If you want to tick-off a wine snob apparently talk about how much you love Sauvignon Blanc.
- And lastly, I’m judging a wine cocktail contest with Tarantas Wines. If you ever wanted to know what I think of your drinks…enter now.