you need booze ASAP?! From now until Sunday the 29th, Stir and Strain readers get off their first order at Thirstie.com with code STIR10
- John Waters tells you how to behave at a cocktail party during the holiday season.
- Do you need some wine recommendations for Thanksgiving? Robin Watts is back again with some BOLD wine choices.
- Love your cranberry sauce more than life? Want to drink it. Try this cocktail first.
- And if you have any leftover cranberry sauce, you can stick it in THIS cocktail.
- And if you need to get drinks in order for a crowd, I’d suggest you give this spiced Holiday Punch a try.
- Ok, ok. If you MUST have a low alcohol option. Try these.
- Lugging booze, or a whole bar, to the party? You’ll need these tips to do it right.
- Been tossing back bottles of red wine and now you’ve got a headache? Let’s try and get scientific about why...
- And finally, you’ll need a good digestif to help make room after your Thanksgiving dinner (for more food).
flights this Thanksgiving? Here’s how to do it.
- SO. MANY. BARS. Liquor.com has put together 173 bars you should visit. So… I guess save up your vacation time?
- Absinthe. The secret to a good Oyster Pie is absinthe.
- Anheuser-Busch bought local SoCal favorite Golden Road Brewing this year. Do you have a local craft beer company that has been bought out or threatened by a beer giant?
- I am SO smitten with this Fruity Pebbles Ramos Gin Fizz (don’t even bother telling me you disagree. I won’t listen.). And more cereal cocktails!!
- The world’s oldest liquor gets its first bar in New York.
- I have no idea if the wine is good but the wineries themselves are worth a visit!
- Your hangover is hurting the economy jerks.
- Appropriate party advice for anyone wearing lipstick: how not to get it all over your glass.
- And lastly, not really news, since EVERYONE I FOLLOW RETWEETED/FACEBOOK POSTED/INSTAGRAMED this news bite about champagne this week.
you guys are into making your own shrubs/tonics/syrups as much as I do, you’ll want to own this book: Wild Drinks & Cocktails.
- Stop getting drunk British passengers. Just buy the tiny bottles on the plane like the rest of us.
- Like Four Roses bourbon? You should thank this guy.
- Bénédictine! You know what it is, but do you know how to use it?
- Seriously… what does scorpion vodka even taste like?
- An intriguing list of new cocktails to try. That green cocktail? Whoa. Also, smoke!
- If you’re always the designated driver, this list is for you. (Although I don’t see anything wrong with spending my weekend baking cakes and watching Fantasia).
- A little history behind Scotch Ales. Old Chub is a favorite of mine!
- Holy shit you guys, a TWELVE DAY TOUR of distilleries and booze in Japan?!?! Sign me up!
- And lastly, if you needed a contraption to drink champagne really, really fast…(you probably don’t).
of eating candy? Need some detoxing? Here are a few tea cocktails to try!
- Time to stock up! Gin’s facing a problem that can’t be solved with an over the counter cream.
- Bars… of the FUTURE!!!!!!!!
- Your bartender is listening to your bad date. And I could just read these stories forever...
- I probably idealize the Japanese bar but gosh I wish we’d get something like this in Los Angeles.
- When you think “Fall flavors” you should be thinking of Pimento Dram (or Allspice).
- But if you must eat of the pumpkin spice, drink one of these wines with it.
- If that comet is releasing that much booze from it, it’s a sloppy drunk.
- Food&Wine is going to tell you about Tiki drinks, the next big thing.
- Stocking up on beer for the holidays? Here’s what you can score at Trader Joe’s on the cheap!
We’re giving away a copy of the Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-All.
- Pumpkin beer. You know you want it.
- These Los Angeles ladies are going to make you a great drink!
- Orange Wine! For Halloween! Or whenever. It’s a thing you should drink.
- Regardless of how many fancy cocktails I make, Buzzfeed is there to remind me that everyone just wants to drink vodka shots with Emergen-C.
- I’d like a bold red to have with my peanut butter cups please! And more ways to pair your Halloween candy with wine.
- Looking for a spooky garnish for your cocktails this week? Here’s a few to try.
- Just add rum: Pumpkin Spice Boba Tea!!!
- Get your candy flavored cocktails at these bars across the country. Or maybe make your own?
- Like these candy corn shooters. (Make at your own risk).
the Stir and Strain team
amazing what they’ll add to the dictionary nowadays: wine o’clock.
- Instead of cooking something to finish up that bottle of wine, make these recipes and then get drunk.
- Getting married in Chicago? Get one of these bartenders to make your drinks.
- But don’t do any of these things to piss off that bartender. Please, just stop snapping at them.
- Is it too early for pumpkin-spice bourbon? Nah! It’s never too early.
- Opening wine without a wine opener has never been so much fun! Bring me a shoe!
- Ready for football season? Here’s what you’re going to spend on a beer at every NFL stadium.
- How to pour a beer. From a German. It’s complicated.
- I like this list of dresses worn at the Emmys compared to cocktails.
- The magic of sous-vide cooking has made its way into the cocktails in Bangkok.
at home? Not if you’re a millennial. I think it’s time to bring back the cocktail parties people!
- Curious what box wines you should be buying? No, well, there are a few good ones out there! Check this video out.
- Are these cocktail apps worth the price tag? Yes. The answer is yes.
- What the Royals do with wine… it might be fueling their cars.
- How much wine do you need to drink to get through the school year if you’re a teacher.
- If your hotel’s welcome drink is an aged Manhattan or a sangria with Lillet Rosé, I like your hotel.
- Eric’s bottle is jaw-droppingly impressive. Check out these home bar peeps.
- What beers should Disney Princesses drink? Who cares? Yeah, why does this exist?
- A review of the first Starbucks wine bar: wine OK, food not so much.
- Number 1 reason to visit Los Angeles soon: the reopening of Clifton’s Cafeteria. Feast your eyes on this guys. I want to live here.
only are these bottles pretty to look at, but they taste good too.
- So you got a bottle of Kas Krupnnikas on your bar. Add it to your tea and other uses for those liqueurs taking up space.
- Are you still confused about Rye? Really? Well, read this.
- Let’s all pull back a bit with the rotisserie chicken and giant pizza garnishes and just make some good Bloody Mary’s.
- I went the whole summer completely unaware of the term “brosé”. But it’s a thing and if you’re a bro, then here’s 6 to try.
- If you get embarrassed ordering a tiki drink you’re doing it wrong.
- Is 9 too early to start talking to your kids about dangerous drinking? Do 12 year olds really binge drink?
- Does it seem to you all that there are too many lawsuits with liquor companies lately?
- A historical winery in Los Angeles? Yep, we got that.
- Yes, there’s lots of bourbon to drink in Bourbon Country, but what to eat there?
wants to drive to get liquor on Labor Day? Not me. Saucey just started service in Chicago and to celebrate, Stir and Strain readers can get off their order with code CHI10. This works in Chicago AND Los Angeles areas!
- You really should be drinking more amaro. Be an amaro genius with this guide.
- Looks like you’ve had a lot vodka today. But do you know how it’s even made?
- Party foul! Someone is going to break a glass at your party. Here’s a party trick for picking up all that glass.
- Should Vikings be the only people to drink mead? Serious question.
- Win your Labor Day party this year with homemade Fireball whiskey. Then make this cocktail.
- I really hope all that wine goes to the hospital patients, cause we all know that food there isn’t cutting it.
- If you’re kids are back in school after Monday, here’s a wine infographic to help with that.
- The answer is yes. I have no problem taxing a cocktail to help people.
- DUDE! Bourbon tornado. BOURBON. TORNADO. VIDEO.