- Tired of eating candy? Need some detoxing? Here are a few tea cocktails to try!
- Time to stock up! Gin’s facing a problem that can’t be solved with an over the counter cream.
- Bars… of the FUTURE!!!!!!!!
- Your bartender is listening to your bad date. And I could just read these stories forever...
- I probably idealize the Japanese bar but gosh I wish we’d get something like this in Los Angeles.
- When you think “Fall flavors” you should be thinking of Pimento Dram (or Allspice).
- But if you must eat of the pumpkin spice, drink one of these wines with it.
- If that comet is releasing that much booze from it, it’s a sloppy drunk.
- Food&Wine is going to tell you about Tiki drinks, the next big thing.
- Stocking up on beer for the holidays? Here’s what you can score at Trader Joe’s on the cheap!
- GIVEAWAY! We’re giving away a copy of the Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-All.
- Pumpkin beer. You know you want it.
- These Los Angeles ladies are going to make you a great drink!
- Orange Wine! For Halloween! Or whenever. It’s a thing you should drink.
- Regardless of how many fancy cocktails I make, Buzzfeed is there to remind me that everyone just wants to drink vodka shots with Emergen-C.
- I’d like a bold red to have with my peanut butter cups please! And more ways to pair your Halloween candy with wine.
- Looking for a spooky garnish for your cocktails this week? Here’s a few to try.
- Just add rum: Pumpkin Spice Boba Tea!!!
- Get your candy flavored cocktails at these bars across the country. Or maybe make your own?
- Like these candy corn shooters. (Make at your own risk).
That’s right folks. We are closing up shop for the next 3 weeks and heading out of L.A. to go experience life elsewhere. Recipes, Booze News, and some new columns will start up when we return! Cheers!
the Stir and Strain team
- It’s amazing what they’ll add to the dictionary nowadays: wine o’clock.
- Instead of cooking something to finish up that bottle of wine, make these recipes and then get drunk.
- Getting married in Chicago? Get one of these bartenders to make your drinks.
- But don’t do any of these things to piss off that bartender. Please, just stop snapping at them.
- Is it too early for pumpkin-spice bourbon? Nah! It’s never too early.
- Opening wine without a wine opener has never been so much fun! Bring me a shoe!
- Ready for football season? Here’s what you’re going to spend on a beer at every NFL stadium.
- How to pour a beer. From a German. It’s complicated.
- I like this list of dresses worn at the Emmys compared to cocktails.
- The magic of sous-vide cooking has made its way into the cocktails in Bangkok.
- Entertaining at home? Not if you’re a millennial. I think it’s time to bring back the cocktail parties people!
- Curious what box wines you should be buying? No, well, there are a few good ones out there! Check this video out.
- Are these cocktail apps worth the price tag? Yes. The answer is yes.
- What the Royals do with wine… it might be fueling their cars.
- How much wine do you need to drink to get through the school year if you’re a teacher.
- If your hotel’s welcome drink is an aged Manhattan or a sangria with Lillet Rosé, I like your hotel.
- Eric’s bottle is jaw-droppingly impressive. Check out these home bar peeps.
- What beers should Disney Princesses drink? Who cares? Yeah, why does this exist?
- A review of the first Starbucks wine bar: wine OK, food not so much.
- Number 1 reason to visit Los Angeles soon: the reopening of Clifton’s Cafeteria. Feast your eyes on this guys. I want to live here.
- Not only are these bottles pretty to look at, but they taste good too.
- So you got a bottle of Kas Krupnnikas on your bar. Add it to your tea and other uses for those liqueurs taking up space.
- Are you still confused about Rye? Really? Well, read this.
- Let’s all pull back a bit with the rotisserie chicken and giant pizza garnishes and just make some good Bloody Mary’s.
- I went the whole summer completely unaware of the term “brosé”. But it’s a thing and if you’re a bro, then here’s 6 to try.
- If you get embarrassed ordering a tiki drink you’re doing it wrong.
- Is 9 too early to start talking to your kids about dangerous drinking? Do 12 year olds really binge drink?
- Does it seem to you all that there are too many lawsuits with liquor companies lately?
- A historical winery in Los Angeles? Yep, we got that.
- Yes, there’s lots of bourbon to drink in Bourbon Country, but what to eat there?
- Who wants to drive to get liquor on Labor Day? Not me. Saucey just started service in Chicago and to celebrate, Stir and Strain readers can get $10 off their order with code CHI10. This works in Chicago AND Los Angeles areas!
- You really should be drinking more amaro. Be an amaro genius with this guide.
- Looks like you’ve had a lot vodka today. But do you know how it’s even made?
- Party foul! Someone is going to break a glass at your party. Here’s a party trick for picking up all that glass.
- Should Vikings be the only people to drink mead? Serious question.
- Win your Labor Day party this year with homemade Fireball whiskey. Then make this cocktail.
- I really hope all that wine goes to the hospital patients, cause we all know that food there isn’t cutting it.
- If you’re kids are back in school after Monday, here’s a wine infographic to help with that.
- The answer is yes. I have no problem taxing a cocktail to help people.
- DUDE! Bourbon tornado. BOURBON. TORNADO. VIDEO.
- Do you like mezcal? Do you like ice cream? Prepare… for this!!!!!
- And since we’re already talking about food, check out The Beeroness Jackie Dodd’s The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook.
- Taco Bell is usually where I go AFTER I’m drunk, but now we’ll be able to just get that all done in one visit.
- In a similar vein, Target, who made me happy by putting in a Starbucks so I could drink my iced Americanos while shopping, is now thinking about putting cocktails in there as well.
- Not cooking with your beer? Here are some tips for finding your perfect beer.
- Younger people drinking habits confuse me. Are they all still ordering a Sex on the Beach?
- Are you drinking your salad greens? Radicchio is a new one for me.
- Why do we toast? Does it have something to do with…toast?
- I could imagine chugging this bottle if it was a bit more expensive and rare, but she could have just gone out and bought a new one.
- And lastly, a look back at the life of Sasha Petraske.
- Who’s keeping the cocktail/wine/beer culture strong? These guys. Do you have anyone to add?
- Do you smoke cigars? Would you like a wine to pair with them? Here’s some recommendations from the experts.
- Some late summer food and wine pairings if cigars ain’t yo thang.
- Forget the punch bowl, this communal drinking vessel needs no cups.
- Bourbon: coming to a tv/netflix/streaming device near you.
- A list for people who clearly have not interacted with bartenders or people in general before. Who are all these people waving their money around at bars?
- “Infection”, “spontaneous fermentation”, “microbes”. We’re not self-diagnosing on WebMD, we’re talking about beer!
- Poor, poor booze. Lesson learned here is that all liquor stores have crappy shelves.
- This week’s crazy science claim: eating/drinking asian pears before drinking reduces your hangover. Who’s going to try this one?
- If you’re already playing Beer Pong, do you really care where that ball has been?
- It’s been hot. Like, too hot. Why don’t we cool down with some boozy treats this week.
- Uncomfortable video of the day: pretty much how I’d be in front of the camera and why I’m sitting here behind my desk instead.
- Low-key wine bars are where it’s at (but also, so many questions from this tiny piece. When did we start saying high-low in place of highbrow-lowbrow? And when did Somerville, MA become a cool place to visit??).
- But if you’re not into wine, these cities are the best to visit to get your beer fix.
- Looking for a little home bar inspiration? Set your eyes on these 16 gorgeous bars for all spaces.
- Science tries again (and fails?) to tell us what is the right amount of booze to consume.
- “Can you please send eight gallons of Suffering Bastard, everyone is really hungover.” This won a battle in WWII.
- It’s a fight between Fireball and… what’s a hot cinnamon vodka?
- Has Templeton Rye wronged you? There’s a lawsuit for that.
- Cocktail snob? I may have participated in one or two of these acts.