- Mixology Monday for May ends in ONE week! Are you up for the challenge?
- Simon Ford gives us the 7 most influential cocktails of all time. I agree.
- I’m really into these fruity chasers.
- Barrel-apocalypse. The next shortage to hit the cocktail/liquor world.
- Speaking of barrels, this Tales of the Cocktail program is a little deceiving (IF ONLY you could bring your own barrel and fill it up).
- Right now I am enjoying berries in all my cocktails. Like this one.
- Roundup of the best cocktail apps. I’ve got Bartender’s Choice, Mixology and the new Thirstie. Do you have a fav?
- Does someone have a contact for Connie Chung? Cause I think I just found a new lady I’d like to drink with.
- I’d also like to drink with these ladies. Here’s a few recipes from some Speed Rack finalists.
- Father’s Day is coming up. Here’s a beer poster for the dad who likes beer (which is every dad).
So definitely for sure I can promise a recipe coming at you this week.
But until then, you should head over to my Instagram account where I’ll be adding some photos of quick drink ideas. This is pretty much my “Cocktail Quickie” section, which I’ve now deemed not enough content for the blog (watch that change in two months…). However, I see it more like, you want a cocktail, but you want it NOW and you don’t need to pull a jigger out and make a mess. I’ll tell you how to be quick and dirty.
I don’t know how to make this super easy for you to click a link and it makes Instagram pop up in your phone. Just type out stirandstrain and you’re there.
Also, if you want more fun things to look at check out EVERYONE ELSE WHO WRITES A COCKTAIL BLOG attending Tales of the Cocktail right now. I’m trying to keep up with them at home, but if I keep at it I won’t make it into work tomorrow. For everyone there, be safe, have fun, hydrate. You lucky SOBs.
If you’re even slightly interested in cocktails, you probably are aware that Tales of the Cocktail has begun down in New Orleans (no? you don’t know what I’m talking about? Read about it here and get ready to be jealous). This was on my ‘maybe’ plans but pretty much got written off due to an overabundant work load for both myself and my husband. Boo hoo and oh well. Honestly I’m crap trying to function in high temps with even higher humidity levels. So I’m vicariously living through the outstanding number of blogs covering the events, the parties and anything else thrown in between. Since there are too many places covering it and not wanting to leave any people out, a good starting place if you also want to be in the know would be the blog for Tales of the Cocktail itself: HERE. If you’ve discovered the wonderful thing that is the google reader, you can just add that RSS feed on there and periodically check out what’s happening. There’s also a twitter feed, but since I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into figuring out how that works, I’ll let you all figure out how to get on there yourselves.
I’m heading out to spend my lunch break catching up and making notes of new products and recipes.
Also, on Bon Appetit this morning ran into THIS post on the front page. Erik over at the Savoy Stomp blog summed up my shared opinion a couple months back in a nice, well articulated argument against what seems to be a mounting backlash to those in the world who enjoy mixology, well crafted cocktails, etc… , read it here. I put this link in here because otherwise my only response was to read the Bon App article in the voice of Andy Rooney and you’ll get a laugh. To each his own, but still, funnier in a crotchety old man voice.