Over the next week we’ll be giving some guides on how to outfit your home bar under $50 (and that’s including booze!) depending on what your house cocktail is. These guides are meant to be used either as is, or as a starting point to at least get the essentials in order so you’re not stuck with guests and no cocktails. If you have some extra change we’re also including one way to upgrade it as a bonus at the end of the guides!
Today’s home bar surrounds the classic Old Fashioned cocktail. You don’t need much in the way of tools or liquor to get this set up quick, so it’s an easy way to start!
Old Fashioned Home Bar Under $50 ($49.07)
- Large ice cube tray: a basic large ice cube tray makes enough cubes for you and a guest plus another round.
- Sugar cubes: save your granulated sugar for syrups and the kitchen. Place a few of these out in a glass to have them at the ready.
- Bar spoon: for stirring cocktails!
- Bourbon: you don’t have to invest in large bottles to start your home bar. Get a 375ml to try and you’ll still get 6+ drinks out of it!
- Angostura bitters: you need bitters for an Old Fashioned so get an all purpose aromatic.
- Jigger: sure you could eyeball it but this way you know exactly how much booze to make the perfect cocktail.
- Muddler: a basic muddler will crush those sugar cubes as good as a really fancy one.
- All purpose glass tumbler: these are my GO TO glasses right now for cocktails to water to wine. And they’re cheap so you won’t worry when a guest (or, *ahem* you) break one.
Upgrade to a Manhattan ($24.39)
**Prices on products are subject to change and we cannot guarantee that you’ll still be able to score all this under fifty bucks come holiday season. Or two years from now. Pricing not including shipping and local taxes.